1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198082877209 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Turbotastic, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbotastic

Turbotastic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41914039
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198082877209

Victim profile: 76561198044093807

What happened? Description:
    This guy added me to buy my knife a few days ago and I finally got back to him and decided to talk to him. After talking for a short time we found an offer suspiciously fast. He then claimed that there was no way he could revoke the money that he sends to me but didn't explain why. He then said he sent the "money" to my Paypal. I checked my PayPal and obviously noticed it was an invoice. I called him out on it then turned on me calling me a scammer which I've noticed is common when calling out a scammer. The evidence provided is the steam chat log with the same exact money amount that he specifies and the date at the bottom that matches the date on the PayPal invoice. This man is an obvious PayPal scammer do not trust him.​

Provide Evidence:
    The 1st picture is a screenshot of the chat between me and Scammer along with the 2nd screenshot. The 3rd is the PayPal invoice he sent me.​

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      172.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      52.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      73.2 KB
      Views:
  2. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    If someone tried scamming you with a Paypal invoice while claiming that he sent money, please call Paypal support and tell them about it!
    Their support hotline is toll-free and they might even ban the scammers if enough people complain.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    We need unedited screenshots of your conversation with the accused. Do not redact or annotate them.

Likewise, your PayPal screenshots need to be unredacted. Specifically We need full, unedited screenshots showing All activity in your PayPal history (you will have to click the link that says All activity) and a screenshot of the invoice sent by the accused. From your payment history page, select All Activity and make sure the dates include the date right before you were scammed, as well as today's date. Take full, uncropped screenshot of this history with the URL bar visible.

We need uncropped, unedited screenshots of your inventory history, taken from within the Steam client with the URL bar visible. If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available. To access your inventory history, hover over your name in the Steam window, and click Inventory. Click More -> View Inventory History. I need the full inventory history from the date before the transaction in question until the day after.
  4. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.