1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198082883266 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by West_, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. West_

West_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43098377
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198082883266 ()

Victim profile: 76561198046462482

What happened? Description:
    I received a friend request from @PolerRyo.twitch.tv, where he stated that he was interested in buying my unusuals with pure, specifically a Miami Nights Rather Festive Tree and a Purple Energy Defiant Spartan signed by Mattie. However, @PolerRyo.twitch.tv wanted me to trade my items to a trusted friend first and then have the unusuals traded back to me, supposedly so that he could check the inventory histories for himself and to have others back him up in case the unusuals were scammed from him in the future (pretty ironic). I brought my friend, XDME, into a group chat with @PolerRyo.twitch.tv, and traded both of my unusuals to XDME and let @PolerRyo.twitch.tv know about it. Afterwards, he immediately left the group chat and XDME began to receive trade requests from a user who was attempting to impersonate me. Thankfully, we were both aware of the danger of the situation and were in a private voice chat to communicate with each other, so the unusuals were not lost. Proof of chatlogs are below in the attachments, although I would like to mention that the start of the chat log between myself and @PolerRyo.twitch.tv is lost, as at some point during the situation I closed the chat. I should also mention that when I was initially added by @PolerRyo.twitch.tv, his profile was public and had several +Rep statements from multiple users in the comments for it, and he had about 6 buds and a bunch of keys in his inventory. It is now private, and supposedly has no items in his inventory.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Jpam

Jpam New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37276494
    This kind of scam is always happening to every unusual user. Holy cow, it's a new way of scamming. Unfortunately this way works 98.1% of the time with the victims and the scammer just disappears.
  3. [FoH] The Derpy Engineer

[FoH] The Derpy Engineer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49813354
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Yep, this explains alot, I myself have had this happen. Earlier today infact. Although I was not smart enough to realise I was being scammed out of my unusual. But this is a really clever scam, a lot of people have probably fallen for this. Also, just a heads up, I believe this is the fake account that is scamming all these people (if you take a look at the aliases):
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/2ez4linsanityyyr
  4. nubblits

nubblits New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:69515532
    he did that to me i lost my unusual
  5. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Ready for review.
  6. West_

West_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43098377
    That account is in the second row of the accused in the original report.
  7. Krapula-Aapo

Krapula-Aapo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62831172
    The same guy tried this on me, when he first added me, his profile was public and had like 11 pages of rep, now it is private.
  8. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello @West_,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.