1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198083936501 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Prismo, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prismo

Prismo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46724078
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198083936501 ()

Victim profile: 76561198053713885

What happened? Description:
    This man scammed me of my knife. I offered it up for trade on tf2outpost.com he added me, then told me he would pay me 70 dollars in steam wallet codes. I accepted his offer and then we traded. He gave me a code then we traded. later I tried the codes and it told me they where invalid. After that I IM him again and told him that it did not work. He told me that he would go get me a new codes when he could. Roughly 2 days later he came back to me with what he said where 2 fifty dollar codes and that I needed to give him some of my items to compensate. I did what he asked of me then he gave me these new codes. Low and behold neither of these codes worked. On the steam website it told me that these codes where invalid. If the system would allow me I can provide screenshots of all of this. And you can see that I have no money in my account and that I have not bought anything in a while.​

Provide Evidence:
    His profile View attachment 116647 My trade history part 2 View attachment 116648 What I managed to get from our chat Trade history part 1 View attachment 116650 Screen shot of code not working and that I have no money in my account (I tried the code to many times before it would say that the code was invalid) View attachment 116633 View attachment 116632

Attached Files:

2. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36600438
    Is it possible for you to get full steam chat with the accused?
    Thanks in advance.
  3. Prismo

Prismo New User

Steam:
    Nope this was a process over a couple days and steam cleared the rest of the chat.
  4. Prismo

Prismo New User

Steam:
    why is this not being reviewed?
  5. -shaoliN-

-shaoliN- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36412073
    wow
    just wow

you were given false steam wallet codes and you give him MORE items?!?!

and people are wondering why they get scammed
  6. Prismo

Prismo New User

Steam:
    I do agree it was stupid, however, I have not posted this as too wondering why it happened ( it was totally my fault) but if their was going to be something done. For instance, lets say you are a shopkeeper, and a stranger comes in and gives you a credit card that does not work. You tell him so and he gives you another one. As you are wringing this one he takes your items and leaves. Yes it is your fault for trusting him, but what he did was still illegal and he should get punished for it. Correct?
  7. -shaoliN-

-shaoliN- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36412073
    yes that is true :)

sorry if I was impolite, but seeing so many people getting scammed makes me sad and angry :/
  8. Prismo

Prismo New User

Steam:
    So do you have any idea why it is not being reviewed? It has been awhile
  9. Prismo

Prismo New User

Steam:
    After later talk, and "negation" with the accused, I have had no luck. However, (I do not believe any of this), he says he is a 9 year old kid living in a foster home in Thailand, and that he does not care about laws...
  10. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Hello @Prismo,

Your report was set invalid and moved to archive. To see why, please read:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

In order to report the account to Valve, you have to:

1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report".

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.