1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198084294207 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Valkerion™, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkerion™

Valkerion™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33028582
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198084294207

Victim profile: 76561198026322892

What happened? Description:
    Originally, I made a post on Steamtrades.com to sell the games I had in my steam inventory as gifts, seen here; http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/U9...cry-3-bd-frozen-synapse-more-w-paypalwishlist

After some time, I was added by Crafttablept (now named TheMadGamer), and offered a trade for some of my games that he would send me Civ: Beyond Earth and Endless Legend for. I agreed to send half of what we agreed upon first off, being Serious Sam 3: BFE, The Binding of Isaac, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, at which point I was given two codes for the supposed games that both failed to activate on steam, and Crafttablept logged off shortly after saying that he had to go. At this point I went and contacted two of the people that gave him +rep on his profile and asked them about my situation to which they had both said he was a fair trader and would never scam anyone. He did not remove me from friends or block me, so I was confused thinking that he was not trying to scam me after all.

It was then later on Monday, the 22nd, that he finally came back and, telling me it was his birthday and had just received his paycheck, he was interested in buying all of my games and simply paying me through Paypal as I originally requested. I went through with this, sending him my games, agreeing upon $100 for everything on my steamtrades posting. (Image 3)

Then he then asked me about any extra humble bundle games I had (5), then upping his offer to $140 for all the games I listed that I did not care for from my HB inventory, still including the steam gifts from earlier. Again, he did the same thing, asking me if he would actually buy him some more games to round out the trade to $250 value since that is what he was willing to spend for his birthday. (10,11,12)

Since we already got stopped by humblebundle for activating too many games in a short period of time, he quickly changed his mind and said if I bought the games through steam instead at their higher prices, he would just give me $350, then $430 to compensate. (end of 12, 13) After this, our conversation simply became me asking why he was still holding off on payment as he attempted to either get me to buy more games or believe that he really did intend to give me payment via paypal. At this time he still has not broken contact with me, but he has not been responding to my messages for the last 2 days.

After image 17, he simply continued to keep trying to convince me to buy more games and assuring me that he would pay me later when I declined.

I am very worried for any other people that end up getting scammed by this guy in such a way, as his tactic is to get you so invested into a trade with him that you feel compelled to finish the trade, even as he asks for more.​

Provide Evidence:
    Attached is our conversation starting from monday when Craftablept told me he wanted to increase our initial deal. the 14th screenshot contains the rest of the chat (14,15,16,17) in one image due to image limit, and finally my paypal currently having received no payments from him. Every game detailed in the chats is now activated and in his inventory on steam.​

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      125.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      119.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      116.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      134.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      101.1 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      127.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      110.4 KB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      129.2 KB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      123.3 KB
      Views:
    • 10.png
      10.png
      File size:
      123.4 KB
      Views:
    • 11.png
      11.png
      File size:
      116.2 KB
      Views:
    • 12.png
      12.png
      File size:
      123.2 KB
      Views:
    • 13.png
      13.png
      File size:
      118.4 KB
      Views:
    • 14 15 16 17.png
      14 15 16 17.png
      File size:
      412.7 KB
      Views:
    • PP.png
      PP.png
      File size:
      77.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Valkerion™

Valkerion™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33028582
    Please let me know if there is any other evidence I can provide for this, all I am really hoping for at this point is for the kid to get banned. Already reported to steam.
  3. TBODB

TBODB New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47351063
    Yep. Same crap happened to me. in the exact same way. Petty kid. Let's see if anything even happens to him though cause if its this easy to scam someone then people are gonna see multiple threads about one person like this one and see how easy it is to get away with. Since I posted my report, he's had 177 games. As of today, he's now at 254. He's 13 and he has to scam people so im sure he doesn't have money... these were all scammed games. Caught me with the "its my birthday" bullcrap too.
  4. Kazakh

Kazakh Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42249170
    report this scammer avoid trade and changed avatar and nickname
  5. Elina

Elina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45271310
    Oh wow, when he scammed me 3 weeks ago, he was really happy to reach 100 games with the ones i had given him.
  6. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @Valkerion™,

There has been some changes in the policy, and as such, your report will be archived, please read here: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

What we don't research anymore:

CD Keys/Game Code/Wallet code scam reports
    Fakerep reports
    Phishing/hijacking account reports

You can, however, report the user directly to Valve using the Report Violation feature on the other user's profile. To do so:

1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click More drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose Report Violation
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click Submit Report

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Regardless, thanks for the report!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.