1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198084645121 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Salted Pineapple, Sep 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salted Pineapple

Salted Pineapple New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52373405
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198084645121

Victim profile: 76561198065012539

What happened? Description:
    I tried to trade someone that I had traded multiple times before for items outside of steam (Specifically a World of Warcraft expansion through battle.net).
    We had done a few trades outside of steam before and everything had gone smoothly for a long time.
    This time however when I sent him all of the items in my backpack, he blocked me, changed his profile picture, and changed his name. I have done my best to recollect all information related to the scam including screenshots.
    While I realize that this occurred due to my own complacency and that trades like this are not protected under the steam terms of service, I would still like to see this user brought to justice.​

Provide Evidence:
    The pictures below are of the user that blocked me and changed his name and profile pic, i showed the trade offer with all of the items in it, his profile (he has me banned as evident from the lack of a button underneath his name (no add friend or send message buttons)), and have included the entirety of the chat in which he scammed me.

While I do realize that this was largely my fault for trusting him, he has a very good track record and we had done similar trades before with no issues.

Thank you for your time and I hope you bring this user to justice.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.