1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198084982689 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by |DI| Exiled_Phantom, Oct 2, 2014.

1. |DI| Exiled_Phantom

|DI| Exiled_Phantom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55579951
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198084982689

Victim profile: 76561198071425631

What happened? Description:
    So this guy added me. His name was "Why you gotta be so rude". What started my suspicions was how his whole profile was advertising how he does "trusted" paypal trades and also making himself look like one of those nice people that say "Watch out for impersonators". When I greeted him and asked him what he wanted he replied saying that he wanted to buy my unusual in tf2. Why would he want to buy my unusual even though he didn't have any hours in tf2 and his profile was private? This hinted at it a little more. When we settled on a price he then said that he needed to check if my hat was duped, and when I said check backpack.tf he said something like wanted to be really careful and backpack.tf doesn't work all of the time. Okay I said, as long as I don't need to trade the hat to you, then I'm alright and you can do whatever you want. He then stated that I needed to trade the item to my friend so he could "check" his backpack and make sure it wasn't duped. He told me to link to his profile so he could chat with them. By now I knew this was a scam attempt, by him telling me to link a trusted friends profile so he could talk to them; it showed that he was going to pull something like telling them that they were middle-manning a pay-pal trade, and whenever I traded it to them they were going to trade it to him. I saw the red flags before the scam even started so I am reporting it on here. Also, when I checked his steamrep+ profile, it seems as if other people have had the same problems with him. I am a staff member on Darkly Gaming Network so I know what a scam looks like, if this guy could be put in his place that would be great.​

Provide Evidence:
    I have evidence of the chat window and pictures of his profile, since we didn't actually trade. (Only because I caught the scam early). View attachment 147918 View attachment 147917 View attachment 147916 View attachment 147915 View attachment 147907 The "trade agreement" is there, and the evidence of him trying to get me to trade it to my friend is also there.

If I've done anything wrong please tell me so I can fix it. This is my first official report on SteamRep+ and I am not used to the format. Thanks!​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Thanks for your report. There isn't a lot of evidence here, nothing I could really ask you to add, and it's hard to definitively prove how things would've played out if you followed through. However, this behavior is consistent with the "trusted friend" scam, for which the accused has multiple pending reports. Therefore, I'm marking this as ready for review, for another attempted middleman injection.
  3. |DI| Exiled_Phantom

|DI| Exiled_Phantom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55579951
    Thank you! Although my evidence isn't as rock solid as the other reports on this guy, a constant flow of reports is always helpful when trying to figure out behavior. I thought I'd help out even if a single report wasn't enough to mark this guy. Cheers!