1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198085909902 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Insinuendi, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insinuendi

Insinuendi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65998848
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198085909902

Victim profile: 76561198092263425

What happened? Description:
    [F2P] HєαVєη (changed name) offered to trade an Amazon gift card worth $50 for 22 TF2 keys. I was hesitant, but he seemed trustworthy. He talked about how he had recently been scammed, that being his reason for having me gift him the code first. He claimed to have internet issues, saying he did not receive the trade offers, of which I sent four (because they were not showing up). He said it may have been a problem on my side, and asked me to restart Steam. I did, losing the beginning of the conversation (I did not realise this would happen at the time). It was late, so I soon went to sleep. After waking up, I realised that he had blocked me. Earlier today, I saw that he had changed his name, and made his profile private so I could not contact any of his friends. I met him in-game on a trade server. Unfortunately, I did not have -condebug enabled (now I do..), so I do not have those logs.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Insinuendi That gif image needs to be screen shooted.... open that up take a screen of the chat frames and upload cause I can't see it slow enough to read it.
    Also I don't see where you or he gave an Amazon gift card...where is this at? How did you transfer this?
  3. Insinuendi

Insinuendi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65998848
    I sent him the code for the card earlier in the chat. I don't have the chat anymore because I restarted Steam when he asked. If you want, I can show that the code has been used already but that doesn't show much. I'll try contacting Amazon and Steam later today for their help.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.