1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198089385033 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Odyssey, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyssey

Odyssey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44713215
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198089385033

Victim profile: 76561198049692159

What happened? Description:
    He added me then asked if i was interested in $20 for my Factory New Atomic Alloy (M4A1-S). He then went on saying we have to use a middle man and that he can provide one (by this time i knew what was happening and tried to play along) I then pointed out that he was scamming me. I realised while accusing me that he the one who is harrasing my friend, who kindly declined his steam code trick, so i told him to leave him alone and warned him that i will post this. He then went on to say, "oh, your going to report us for fake scamming" "FAKE" Yeah, no. Not this time buddy :)

Provide Evidence:
    We all know the steam wallet code scam...
    He tried to scam me via this method and i just wanted to bring the communities attention to this scum...​

Attached Files:

2. Ancient_Tome

Ancient_Tome New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:64559652
    So, I'd like to know how exactly this is a scam? The fact that a trade was never made, nor was a steam wallet code transfered? What if I was actually doing this legit? What if I was going to send you a legitimate code? There is no evidence that this was a scam attempt, only that this was a steam wallet code trade. This whole event goes a lot deeper than this "claimed" scam, which could have been a real steam wallet code transfer. I will most likely post a report to explain this in more depth. But in the time being, I fail to see the solid evidence that prooves this was a scam. I would look for a fake wallet code and stolen items in a scam. But I don't see either of those things there. All I see are a few screenshots talking about a trade which could have been completely legitimate, and was.
  3. MelonTheMelon

MelonTheMelon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:100568846
    Why the hell am I involved with this when i was just helping out with a bloody trade
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Hello @Odyssey,

Your report was set invalid and moved to archive. To see why, please read:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

In order to report the account to Valve, you have to:

1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report".

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.