1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198090214919 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by [KAF] billybob92138, Sep 28, 2014.

1. [KAF] billybob92138

[KAF] billybob92138 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58824419
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198090214919

Victim profile: 76561198077914566

What happened? Description:
    He came to me and offered to buy my Unusual Hotrod for $60 (I was just on a trade server at the time and had just unboxed the unusual about an hour before the incident), claiming that he could put the money in my account because he was a member on the steam support. Me and my friend looked at his profile and he had loads of +rep on his comments and he seemed like a pretty nice guy so I trusted him. I traded him the Hotrod and he told me that he wasnt going to send me the money unless I gave him some of my scout stuff. I saw it as my only option of hope of not being massively scammed and gave him the items, then he said it again about some more of my items.​

Provide Evidence:
    I have screenshots of all the conversation between him and I including him admiting he wasnt going to send the money. I also have a screenshot of my trade history, showing all the stuff I sent him.​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Thanks for your report, marking as ready for review.

Just so you know for future reference, since these topics came up:
    1. It is not currently possible to transfer Steam Wallet between accounts, and certainly not through a trade. Unless they have some kind of arrangement of buying listings from the market, you can safely assume any "Steam Wallet" trade is a scam.
    2. Profile +rep comments are meaningless, and often bought out for a couple scrap each or posted from a scammer's alt accounts. More on reputation: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**