1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198092387622 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Una caffettiera, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marnas9

Marnas9 Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66060947
    That gift was traded from another trader while ago. Then after some time he messaged me saying he sells gifts. He have good reputation. You know whats next. Not in couple of minutes, i held first gift for almost one hour. Other gifts I traded faster, because I already waited for almost 1 hour. Again, look at pictures.
  2. Una caffettiera

Una caffettiera New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38310179
    you were trading on demand, your screen states that you traded my keys with the revoker 1 minute after our trade.
    Aaaand you confessed that too
    then started the cool story "i waited for 1 hour cause i'm very interested in my trade partners' safeness blablabla"
  3. Marnas9

Steam:
    You dont have to say anything, so you just saying this. So what, I need to wait for each copy? I had gift in my inventory for about 1 hour and I dont need to do it again. I traded other copies faster.
  4. Una caffettiera

Una caffettiera New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38310179
    You keep on replying with the same arguments = random lies.

And as we are discussing about shady behavior this is pretty relevant. And now i have to go to work, i cannot stay the whole day repeating the same things
  5. GsG

GsG New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43617382
    Your definition is wrong.
    This is also exactly what you did. Blame yourself.
    Why is that? He lost all keys which he got as profit. And know what he was enough honestly person to give these keys back to you and instead of say "Thank you" you have reported him.
    This is wrong. The guy from who he traded the games wasn't marked and have had good reputation on Steamtrades.

You was enough greedy to find someone who selling cheaper than everyone also selling this game on the Market. You took the risk.

The guy who sold him the games wasn't marked and have had good reputation on Steamtrades.

There's no reason for report Marnas9
  6. Noudaism

Noudaism New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53437416
    Well, that doesn't really mean s✿✿✿. He sold revoked copies. He has to refund his customers the FULL amount and not just the "profit" - which is f✿✿✿✿✿✿ ridiculous. It's his responsibility as the seller and he's trying to pass the buck by keeping the cost of it to prevent any losses and only giving a mere 4 keys. This is essentially another scam in itself since Steam won't return keys outside of the trade window when there aren't any trades for revoked items done (since it was gifted, and the keys were traded separately). The fact that he refuses to refund the full amount shows just complicit he is in this scam. It's his responsibility to return the full amount to the person he scammed, and to work out a way to get back the keys from the person who scammed him in turn. Refusing to return the all the keys he made in this trade regardless of the loss he'd face, is a scam in itself.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Marnas9,

Full ID blocks plox when pointing to a account, never the custom URL:
    | steamname: Marsupilami
    | steam3ID: [U:1:156226731]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:78113365
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116492459
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/marsupilami8
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198116492459

Also, I want you to retake that screenshot with the below requirements. We need to see the trade before/after as well. Further instructions below.

=====================================================================

We need the Steam Inventory History of the traded items. As we do have some requirements, here's what you need to do.

Required Steam Settings for this exercise:
    • Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    • On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    • On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    • Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

Making the screenshot:
    • In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    • On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    • Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    • Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    • Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    • Come back here and make a reply.
    • Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.
    Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    • Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    • MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    • MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    • MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    • MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    • MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    • You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    Example: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    To set a couple things straight:

Game revocations happen a lot. Key is that reps often less then 90 days old. Paypal has a max of 90 day chargeback policy. However, chargebacks of older then a year have happened. (Credit card company charges back, PP chain-chargebacks the money everywhere).
    Why is this of importance? well, the original buyer buys a bunch of games or items (keys), and starts slow-selling them for reps. once some reps are up, he does a big charge, and sells within days everything. Once the owner of the Paypal account gets aware his Paypal is abused, or the money is drawn back from paypal by the scammer, a chargeback will happen to Valve. Valve will then revoke all games/items bought with it, and LOCK the account till it was repaid (they cannot log in anymore into the account). If one traded for those items in a regular way, you can ask valve for a 1-time refund of the items. (They won't do games so trading for games with items is key here). Yes, they only do that ONCE. Next time that same issue happens, you are out of luck.
    Now, as scams happen more and more, Valve decided before the holliday sales last december to impose a limit of 30 days on this. Hence the Gift-Trading went on and the rest is history.

Now, SteamRep's stance is, that "between" traders can't know who is going to chargeback. When this practice started, we at first did mark those, but often a game is traded 3-4 times before the chargeback happened. We had to untag those, for they wheren't guilty of the chargeback, and had paid for it themselves to whom they got it from. Often cannot find out anymore who chargebacked. We find trading with gifts a bad idea, for this ends the possibility to ask Steam Support for a refund, for the game wasn't traded, it was gifted. SteamRep cannot require that a trader that was in between is to repay the full amount of a revoked game. We do not require such, for they have also paid in items/money for this.

Hence, traders that trade for such gifted games take that risk. Its part of the risks when trading, same as buying a game for X, and tomorrow its worth half.

The only different thing is that here:
    - Only one in between the chargeback and the victim: (marnas9)
    - The marnas9 paid back the surplus/profit he made back to the victims, or at least showed intend to (victims may not have accepted).
    - Marnas9 has another copy of the game. This is however not really relevant for the case.

Also, a note, holding such a gift for 1 hour in the inventory does not mean much when chargebacks happen in a window of 90 days or sometimes longer. The 30 day window before things become tradable means to me that most happen within that timeframe.

I'll handle the report once @Marnas9 posted my requested screenshots (see post above).
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Notes:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. Marnas9

Steam:
    Images.

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      269.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      267.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      264 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      277.4 KB
      Views:
  11. Marnas9

Steam:
    Trade with S.... was successful.

Attached Files:

12. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Due to change in policy SR doesn't investigate reports for Revoked Steam Gifts.

Invalid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.