1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198094515600 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by SheerWill, Jan 16, 2015.

1. SheerWill

SheerWill New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:91622773
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198094515600

Victim profile: 76561198143511275

What happened? Description:
    So this is a really long story.

swAg added me wanting to buy keys a few weeks ago, he wanted to use paypal but he had no rep so I got him to use Skrill instead. He had some kind of prepaid card or something and it had around $250 on it. He bought 130 keys from me in little bunches of 10-15 for the first few and then got the last bunch in 2 payments. Before the last 2 payments went through I used some of the money I had to re-buy some keys from friend of mine (Horrorshow Flux) and then I waited for the final 2 payments to come through.

When they did finally come through I went back to Flux to try and get more keys, but my Skrill wouldn't send the funds. I emailed them and waited for their response which was pretty quick (that might be a world first) and they told me my account had been locked in a "Routine security audit" and they needed ID and Address verification. This was my first big mistake, I lied about my age to make the account because it requires you to be 18 or over to have one, I'm 15 (16 in like a week) so I had to lie if I wanted to use it. I sent them 3 more emails over a few days detailing what had happened and I asked for them to allow me to send the money on my account back to a bank account and then they can go ahead and terminate my account but they wouldn't have that.

After 3 emails and no response I called them to see what was happening, the woman on the phone told me she would forward it to their security team and 5 hours later I had an email saying my account had been terminated and the money had been sent back to, guess who, swAg.

So I commented on his profile and added him, went to bed and woke up the next day to find that he had indeed accepted me and we discussed what had happened. He seemed happy enough to help me out, but he didn't have the money in his account... After a while of trying to figure out what had happened swAg was told that his account had also been locked because it had transaction history with my (terminated) account. So he sent them the verification and it was denied, he did this a few times until 1 day when I asked him what had happened since I had left (went away for a day or 2) he told me his account had been closed and told me I can call them if I want but it is out of his hands. I was a bit annoyed by this because from what he said it sounded like his account had also been terminated, so I thought my money was gone and there was no chance of getting it back. This is where I dropped the nice guy act. swAg had been leading me on the whole time knowing he was going to keep my money and he wanted to milk what he could out of me, he had already convinced me to give him 5 keys for his "time and effort."

Since I couldn't really say no to him and he knew that he tried to ask for more keys and I was really slinky about it trying to get out of it without actually saying no, he dropped it pretty quick. All of this is out of the timeline though, back to what happened after.

I got a bit passive aggressive with my messages and basically said that I wish he had put more effort into this instead of treating it like a joke.

He got mad, said "suck my dick kid" and deleted me.

I was pissed, so I told Cyborg (/u/therandomdude69) about what had just happened, shortly after I thought to myself, this guy must have a repthread somewhere, even if its not on his profile. All I had to do was type "csgo rep swAg" into google and I found it with ease, on the 9th someone had commented saying they sold 86 keys via Skrill to the guy I had lost about $155, and the guy he bought from sells for 1.8 on skrill, 1.8 * 86 = 154.8.. coincidence? I think not.

I decided to comment on his thread, yeah I was mad, I was rude about it and I should have been more professional but I think it got the point across, because shortly after I had an Officer from CS:GORep add me and I explained the situation, he told me it would be a few days while he contacts swAg and gets his side of the story, I have screenshots from that conversation he had with swAg as well, which will be below. During this conversation swAg tries to say that the keys he bought from the other guy with Skrill were before he traded with me, and he had just made the repthread and gotten people he had traded with recently to comment on it for him. But when I sold to swAg he had to make a new account with Skrill, because he had never used them before. And his transactions took upwards of 30 minutes at a time because of his account being brand new.

EFF ended up banning him from CS:GORep and he swAg deleted his own thread. I got myself banned on Reddit by sending a semi-threatening PM to him (I had no idea this was against rules but I can live with a 2 week ban.) swAg however, has been banned permanently.

This was a real pain to type out and it might be hard to understand but I will try and explain it better with the screenshots below.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 199004
    Here is the first payment I recieved from him, as you can see the sender was [email protected], and it says in his message RiP from steam, "but his name is swAg on steam you say? Yes, but it used to be RiP, as you will see here.

View attachment 199016
    Here is the comment showing where he bought 86 keys from another guy through Skrill, in the exact value of the money I lost. (this repthread has since been deleted after he was banned from CS:GORep.
    View attachment 199015
    Now I will put in the screenshots of the conversation with EFF (CS:GORep Officer)
    View attachment 199017 View attachment 199018 View attachment 199019 View attachment 199020 View attachment 199021

In case they don't show up or something I'll just put thumbnails of the rest of the emails from Skrill about his payments.
    There were a few more but I could only put in 15 images, I'll keep the other ones on hand in case they are needed for more proof later on.

View attachment 199005 View attachment 199006 View attachment 199007 View attachment 199009 View attachment 199010

Attached Files:

2. SheerWill

SheerWill New User

Steam:
    2 months. No reply... Why is that?
  3. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    Your report is quite convoluted, and admins will likely have to contact the other party. To summarize for clarity:

• Victim trades keys with accused for Skrill
    • Skrill locks out for security audit
    • Skrill terminates victim account
    • Victim contacts accused, accused claims his Skrill account was also locked and he is unsure how his money will be returned
    • Reddit mods ban accused on /r/csgotrade
    • EFF bans accused on CSGORep, rep thread is deleted
    Victim contends the scammer received the funds back and never refunded items/money.
  4. SheerWill

SheerWill New User

Steam:
    Thanks.

At this point I don't really care what happens with this case.. In the end I got my new PC as I wanted and I have quit trading.. I'd still like it if this guy got banned but if you are busy I wouldn't care if you made this report very low priority compared to other less complicated ones.
  5. SheerWill

SheerWill New User

Steam:
    Alright so the guy is back into trading now. This post has been up for more than 4 months. Have the admins made the effort to contact the other party or not? If not then I'd like if that could be done ASAP.

This guy is an untrustworthy trader, simple as that, he deserves more than just an unconfirmed report. He deserves a ban. I'm going to start pushing for this to be sorted out sooner.

Thanks.
  6. SheerWill

SheerWill New User

Steam:
    Another month passes... Can I at least be told what is happening with this case?
  7. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    So when you did the actual transaction, you got paid, but your skrill account was later locked?

You're claiming that he knew your account would be locked?

Reports can take up to a year to be processed, especially when they're as convoluted as this.
  8. SheerWill

SheerWill New User

Steam:
    Honestly at this point I hardly remember what happened. I just want a decision to be made based on what information is there.
  9. SheerWill

SheerWill New User

Steam:
    Quickly approaching 1 entire year since this thread was made, still not even so much as a reply from staff.. Could someone please at least pretend to care?
  10. SheerWill

SheerWill New User

Steam:
    I'd like to remove this report, how do I do that?
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We don't delete reports - and staff does care but there are thousands of reports to process - we won't ever get to them all.
  12. SheerWill

SheerWill New User

Steam:
    Why do you not remove reports?
  13. SheerWill

SheerWill New User

Steam:
    As I understand it, removing this report that has been named as very convoluted and I have no interest in pursuing any more would just be clearing up one of the "thousands of reports" and allowing for one more report that actually matters to be dealt with instead of someone wasting their time with this one.
  14. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    We're leaving the report open as of now. I've checked this one myself several times.
    There's not enough evidence to proceed but enough evidence for reasonable doubt. Hence not archiving.

We do get to reports and work hard at it on our own free time. I hope you understand.
  15. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Just popping in to say that this report will remain up for now. Thank you.
  16. a Gentleman

Steam:
    If the victim's account in a payment medium is frozen/removed for an issue that has nothing to do with the accused, there is no fraud taking place. It is up to the victim to reclaim any funds lost. The accused did not knowingly do anything wrong in this situation.
  17. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Hello SheerWill,

Unfortunately, there is not enough evidence presented for this report to be processed.
    I will be archiving this thread shortly.

I recommend that you read SteamRep's Submission Fundamentals.
    If any new evidence comes to light, feel free to create a new report.

Best,
    Gentleman