1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198095195467 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Doctor Bashir M.D., Jun 6, 2015.

1. Doctor Bashir M.D.

Doctor Bashir M.D. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42202701
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198095195467

Victim profile: 76561198044671131

What happened? Description:
    To start: I posted in the chat that I have the Golden Moonfall and i wish to trade it. I got an invite from the accused and he said he'd like to trade me the PA Arcana for this. I only accepted his invite as he had a level 10 account and 7k hours in Dota 2 - which was at least trustworthy to some degree (or not).

Basically i told him i don't feel comfortable going first and we eventually agreed to not continue. Later he messaged me again and begged. I felt bad and he even offered to give me his Facebook profile details. I agreed to the trade and as soon as he got the item gifted, he opened trade with me, accepted then after it was accepted - he cancelled the trade.

The rest is the same as always. Removed and blocked me and continued playing Dota like nothing happened.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshot 1 is basically the agreement.
    Screenshot 2 is the proof of his side of the cancellation.
    Screenshot 3 is proof that his account is the one i messaged (also that he changed his name. That should make it far easier to prove that it's him).
    Screenshot 4 is the item in his inventory also proving it was gifted today by me.
    The final screenshot is just proof that he scammed me. If it is required i can take screenshots of the entire screen if these are not to your liking.​

Attached Files:

2. Doctor Bashir M.D.

Steam:
    Felt like more evidence was needed.

Attached Files:

3. Doctor Bashir M.D.

Steam:
    Sorry for not doing this in one post. File didn't upload correctly first time around.

Attached Files:

4. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    @Doctor Bashir M.D.

Please provide inventory history showing you did not receive the arcana. Also note:

• Never ever ever offer to take tradeables as giftables as it makes keeping track of item transfer 10x harder.
    • When taking screens of items in another user's inventory please take it so that we can see the entire item entry and who is holding the item like this:

[​IMG]
  5. Doctor Bashir M.D.

Steam:
    I came back to dota for ti5 and this was my first attempted trade after all the trade bans were implemented. I want to blame those and not my stupidity but yeah, that's a story for another time.

Attached Files:

6. Doctor Bashir M.D.

Steam:
    @Captain Unicorn Smiles
    Sorry i've made a messy thread, forgot there was no edit button.

Here's my final screenshot (unless you require more).

Attached Files:

7. ash123

ash123 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67464869
    OKAY. So i was trading and and i went to steam rep i found that i had a report pending. As soon as i found out i saw everything the chat history and item and yea its there. I was on my alt account the whole day playing cm and today i found this!I think its non other than one of my friend took the opportunity and found this funny, which isn't! And i am really sorry for the trouble. I know leaving my pc open unprotected its my fault and i will return your item when it becomes gift able again! THanks! And for the record if you want any proof you can check my all trade history etc if i tried any scams or not! I am trading for like 3 years and you wont find anything like this, my apologies again.
  8. Doctor Bashir M.D.

Steam:
    Look - I dont wish to have any arguments here. But i don't for one second believe this story. It is the same "My brother was hacking not me please" story i've heard 100 times. I want the arcana or i will continue this report. If you wish to carry on the argument, well you have my steam account.
  9. ash123

ash123 New User

Steam:
    Yea... And no i would never offer an arcana for that! You wont get the arcana but as i said i will return your item when it becomes giftable again! I don't care if you believe this or not ! This exactly happened! And as i said already you wont find any reports like this ever on my account, why ? cause this kind of thing never happened and YES if you still think i would try to scam like this with my main account then i dont know what to say lol... I said again if the admin here finds another scam report on me or anyone then sure ban me.
  10. ash123

ash123 New User

Steam:
    AND IF YOU ARE SO HONEST AND GOOD MAN WHY WANT ARCANA? I SAID I WILL RETURN YOUR ITEM BUT STILL U WANT ARCANA! You know what this means? I already accepted my mistake although i was the victim here too but no you are still crying for an arcana.
  11. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Steam:
    What makes you think you need to commit two scams to be banned? A scam was already committed on your account for which you are responsible. If you wish to appeal the ban when it is placed, I assure you you'll need to substantiate it with a lot more information then what you presented.
  12. ash123

ash123 New User

Steam:
    Dude i never said i need 2 scams to get ban. I said of my 3 years playing i am sure if you dig enough you wont find anything like this! And i fully agree too i saw the messages myself and yes it happened, but i was victim here too! I was shocked seeing this happened and i couldn't believe how how ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed friends i have to find this funny. Well I even offered him this item back but he surely is chasing after an arcana! He doesn't want his item back.. so what can i do here?
  13. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Steam:
    @ash123

You can appeal the ban once you have been marked on SR.
  14. ash123

ash123 New User

Steam:
    Well i am sure it shouldnt happen
  15. Doctor Bashir M.D.

Steam:
  16. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    It can take anywhere from a day to a few months. If he's admitting that the scam took place (which it appears that he is) then he can get tagged right away and begin his appeal process.