1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198095423927 - (DrFlopster / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by BIGHEAD, Jan 21, 2014.

1. BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32720787
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Gambling fraud or spycrab runner
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198095423927 (DrFlopster)

Victim profile: 76561198025707302

What happened? Description:
    Howdy,
    DrFlopster ran from a spycrab bet agreement. I gathered all I could from the server/in-game chat box, but I didn't get a screenshot of the trade box or its chat. :/
    He came into the server (IP: 74.91.120.60:27015) and asked a few times if anyone wanted to spycrab. I agreed and we found each other in red spawn. Luckily, there was a random player (their name: [] Dazzers [] ID64: 76561197977453197) that stood and observed the whole thing. In the trade box, we agreed on betting craft hats (me: my brain bucket, and him: his gatsby) (he originally wanted to bet his dirty/non-craftable panama, but I said it'd be easier for me to just do a craft hat). He kept score in the in-game chat (as shown (he's the left, I'm the right)). After I won, he said gg in the trade chat, I removed my bucket and readied myself for trade, then he left. I looked up his profile and found he had gotten into another game (IP: 74.121.181.187:27015) and was again asking if people wanted to spycrab. I told him he owed me for the last time we played (literally minutes ago), and he acted as if he had no idea what I was talking about. He then remained afk in the server and eventually signed off of steam (which is how he remains as of now). I added him once I found his profile, and added him, but he has (as of yesterday) began ignoring me on Steam.
    I went back into the game and retrieved all chat that I could between us. Sorry in advance for the pictures, puush isn't working great on these new Surface 2's... I could only get the top 3 messages visible in the chat box for each picture. It may not matter to you, but I can swear these are all in chronological order and that I wouldn't be here if it didn't happen. Thanks and have a good one.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Hello,

Please provide uncropped screenshots of the score and the agreement.

Also, we will need your trade history for the day in question, please show uncropped versions, including one trade from the day prior and one from the day after.

Please upload your screenshots directly to our forum.

3. BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD New User

Steam:
    As stated in the original report, the picture of chat/score was not cropped by me but the result of a software bug in puush (the screen grabbing software I use. For proof of this bug, the first pic on this reply will be a full screen capture by the software (this is compared with the factory screen grab which is the second upload)). Had I actually thought it through and used a larger, more reliable grab, I would gladly deliver larger areas (granted I wouldn't post cropped pictures of in-game chat if I knew I had the choice). The chat presented earlier was all the communication between me and DrFlopster that occurred in the in-game chat, and I uploaded them is correct chronological order. If I can still go back and get the logs for in-game chat (now that it's been over 2 months...), please let me know how.
    Trade logs provided for the day of the initial report and the day prior (as I can't remember if I filed the report after midnight that day or not). In any case, nothing with the runner-in-question.

7S4Cr[1].jpg Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png Screenshot (9).png Screenshot (10).png Screenshot (11).png Screenshot (13).png Screenshot (14).png Screenshot (15).png Screenshot (16).png

If there's anything else I can add, just let me know. thanks and have a good one.
  4. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    I've personally used Puush and never encountered such an issue, however, do you have any evidence of the agreement itself, there's no proof as to what you wagered for.
  5. BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD New User

Steam:
    Not sure if it's something wind Windows 8 or the Microsoft Surface, but if you have any advice to fix it that'd be nice too xP.
    But back to the subject matter, I'm afraid I don't have proof of the wager, as I didn't take any pictures of the trade/trade chat before he ran on me. I think he mentioned he was spycrabbing hats in the in-game chat before I agreed to spycrab him, but it wasn't part of our communication and I didn't capture it.
    I doubt he would admit to it, but the fact that he hasn't accepted any communication from me whatsoever in the last 2 months can maybe show something. Also, I'm not sure they'd remember, but the person by the name of Dazzers (mentioned in the initial post) was a direct witness to the spycrab and him losing and proceeding to run.
    He still has a Gentleman's Gatsby (and has had 1 ever since we first met (I know the name isn't the same, but as close an eye as I've kept on it, I'd be willing to bet it's the exact same one)).
  6. BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD New User

Steam:
    Update: He confessed and is supposedly attempting to rectify the problem.

8h9jV[1].png
    8h9kx[1].png

He recently traded the Gentleman's Gatsby away, so I'm accepting a Bonk Helm as substitute.
  7. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    This will still be looked at by an admin. Regardless of timeframe. This person could still receive a tag for this.
  8. BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD New User

Steam:
    Thank you!
  9. BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD New User

Steam:
    Just now, DrFlobster paid for the spycrab he lost. He no longer owes me, and says he felt bad (for whatever that's worth to ya'll). I no longer have quarrel with him, however, if ya'll would like to say something to him about running/going back on bets and lying, that's up to ya'll. I say thanks for the help in being an integrated part of Steam usable against and viewed as a threat to those that abuse trust. I must say however, the length of time this situation was allowed to ferment was unacceptable compared to the service I received from ya'll last I had a problem with someone. I'm not sure what happened to cause the delay that occurred back in January-March (whether it be related to the spike in phishers that arose in that time), but I'm pretty sure a group such as yourselves could have handled it in a way that better helped those in need and yourselves/ya'lls reputation to many users. I'm not much, but if the SteamRep needs more users to aid their cause, I'd be willing to help. I'm a moderator for the group Best Raffles Around! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Raffles4UbyU and I'm fairly well known in TF2R ("the largest raffle site in the TF2 Community") http://tf2r.com/user/76561198025707302.html . In any case, have a good one and have fun.
    Screenshot (31).png Screenshot (32).png
    I wish to close this report from my end as, mentioned earlier, I have nothing left to deal with DrFlopster.
  10. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hello,

Unfortunately, we no longer accept reports involving in game bets (such as spycrabbing or heavy boxing), these should be reported to the community where it happened.

Thanks for the report nevertheless.