1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198096198239 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Viss, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viss

Viss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54415128
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198096198239

Victim profile: 76561198069095985

What happened? Description:
    He added me a while ago when I got my first knife looking to pay with PayPal. Talked for so long, kept telling him I didn't want to because it was a scam. Finally, I achieved a pretty large profit from where I started, figured I'd give it a try, the smart way. Start with low $ items, and work my way up to minimize loss if it turned out to be a scam.

He wanted my current knife, so I decided to sell my AK to him first, something I could easily afford to lose from my inventory. We agreed to $80 for the AK, sent as a PayPal gift (no chargeback).

I traded him the AK, and he instantly sent me an invoice for $80, NOT $80. To make it look like he sent me the money. But I'm not new to PayPal, or purchases in general, so I'm aware of what an invoice is. He instantly un-friended me and cancelled the invoice.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first picture clearly shows the agreement, as well as his profile and the invoice in the lower right on my PayPal. He specifically mentions his name in the chat, and that's the name that sent me the invoice.

The second picture is the picture of the actual invoice.​

Attached Files:

2. ENVYUS Jaester

ENVYUS Jaester New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:142189127
    CONFIRMED - HE TRIED TO DO THAT TO ME TOO
    I told him to send me his steamrep and he instantly stopped replying to me.
  3. ItzMelon

ItzMelon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:111747961
    Same her man!
  4. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Hello @Viss
    You are missing a couple screenshots, please upload them following the guidelines below:
    Please include an image of your Paypal "All Activity" with a minimum time period of 1 month during the incident, and ensure the full browser is in the picture.
    Please reupload your screenshot of the invoice in full browser instead.
    Please upload an image of your trade history/inventory history to show the AK-47 trade to the accused.
  5. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Unfortunately, reports cannot be processed without the evidence of trade agreement. As such, this report will now be archived.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, please do so again if you encounter any scam attempt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.