1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198096723548 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Jennifer LawREKT, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Jennifer LawREKT

Jennifer LawREKT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:9992620
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198096723548

Victim profile: 76561197980250968

What happened? Description:
    Wanted to buy my knife with steam wallet money through a trade. Wanted me to remove it from the market and buy it 5 euros cheaper... "Through steam trade with wallet money"​

Provide Evidence:
    screenshot has steam chat..

also his inventory is private if you look.​

Attached Files:

2. Jennifer LawREKT

Steam:
    proof that this is the guy in the chat & steam ID

Attached Files:

3. Jennifer LawREKT

Steam:
    also forgot to say that he refused buying it from the market for 5euros cheaper because "steam trade fees" blabla
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Did the accused happen to send you a trade offer with notes?
  5. Jennifer LawREKT

Steam:
    yeah, it was the usual "steam wallet XXX$ amount will be transfered after accepting trade" ectect. You know, the usual... I get like 5 -7 of these per week.
  6. Jennifer LawREKT

Steam:
    I assume you know you cannot trade steam wallet money :)
  7. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Can you please upload a screenshot of this trade offer, taken from within the Steam client?
  8. Jennifer LawREKT

Steam:
    no, I actually toyed around with this guy in the end.. He was constantly hurrying me to take my knife off the market so he can send the trade offer. I told him 3 times that I took the knife off the market, and he always went "wtf it's not in your inventory" :D

Surely this is enough evidence though? I mean obviously, look at the chatlog. He even says "the market takes too much %" but that is irrelevant for a buyer, it only takes a cut from the seller. And seriously, at 140 euros, why would he want to trade Steam Wallet money (which you cannot trade) just to get a 5 euro discount from 145euro. Seriously. :)
  9. Jennifer LawREKT

Steam:
    I can send you like 10 other pics of the same scam, you can trust me on this one. I didn't report those to steamrep, only steam, but this apex dude was so aggressive, I thought I'd better report this one.

Attached Files:

10. Jennifer LawREKT

Steam:
    oh look! The guy has been trade banned by valve! I wonder why???? Oh wait. Now I remember! IT'S CAUSE HE WAS CLEARLY SCAMMING WITH STEAM WALLET FRAUDS.

Now please can we get his main account banned too? http://steamcommunity.com/id/wengliakaheadshotmachine

Check the pic in my first comment. It's clearly the same guy, he even has his alt scammer account as a friend on his main account. Also look at the names used on his alt account. ✿✿✿✿✿✿ even had his youtube link as name, also his main account name.

Please do something this time SteamRep, he's clearly a scammer, even valve realized that fast.

| steamname: wengli [t]
    | steam3ID: [U:1:47987832]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:23993916
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008253560
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wengliakaheadshotmachine
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198008253560
  11. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I will leave this up to an admin to decide on, marking as ready for review.

The problem isn't convincing us whether a scam occurred (or was attempted), but proving it. There's a difference between knowing someone is a scammer and proving they're a scammer; the proof is vital.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  12. Jennifer LawREKT

Steam:
    alrighty thanks, although I question where you draw the line on conclusive proof, but it's good to see something's done!