1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198097956187 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by zorgshanker, Aug 29, 2014.

1. zorgshanker

zorgshanker New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11270159
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198097956187

Victim profile: 76561198145717679

What happened? Description:
    First of all it was a two man job, possibly his own accounts?

He added me and offered buy out on my AWP Asiimov which was 30 key on the condition that we use a middlemen (one of my friends of course! - his words). I say ok to bait him and give the link to my second account.

He then says that he'll do a steam group. I wait a little and he never invites my second account.

After a while, a second account joins the group chat with the same Avatar and profile description as my other account, posing as myself! This account then sends me a trade invite.

Here's info block of the second account that tried to impersonate myself.

| steamname: Acke
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:68971424
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198098208577
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198098208577

Provide Evidence:
    I recorded the whole thing with bandicam, in which you can see the two fraudulent account's SteamID, the trade request and the impersonating.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qg3zw1u9ghykjm6/bandicam 2014-08-29 18-11-52-012.avi?dl=0

Hopefully this is completed enough, if not, please let me know what i can do to improve my future submissions.

p.s. since an attachement is mandatory here's a screencap of the impersonator sending me a trade request with my legit account in the background, note the difference in steam Level and displayed badge.​

Attached Files:

2. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36600438
    Dropbox? It's not like you can manually delete your shared file in dropbox anytime?
    Can't you upload it on youtube, for example? But if you do, keep the original version, before it got processed by youtube, just in case.

It's just a suggestion, hope it'll help you with your report.
  3. zorgshanker

zorgshanker New User

Steam:
  4. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36600438
    I have dropbox myself.

I can share a file by giving a direct link to my dropbox, but as soon as I manually delete the file from dropbox folder, the link will go 404.
  5. zorgshanker

zorgshanker New User

Steam:
    I have no intentions of deleting the file, not until the report is closed at least.
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    We need a screenshot of the impersonator sharing the same name and avatar as you, taken from in the Steam client with the URL bar visible. We also need screenshots of your conversation with the accused, and screenshots of the accused's own profile with the URL bar visible. If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available.

We normally don't accept video recordings of scams or attempted scams because of the storage/bandwidth requirement, and to keep the specific pieces of evidence we need readily accessible.

We need to retain all evidence indefinitely, even after the report is processed, in case the accused tries to appeal. For this reason, any evidence you have must be uploaded directly to the forums as an attachment, so we can guarantee it will still be here at a later date. Dropbox, YouTube, Google Drive, etc are not acceptable.

Because you video recorded this, it might be possible to extract the screenshots from your video recording as individual frames, either with a video editing/authoring program or by taking well-timed screenshots while playing the video in full screen. Remember to upload all screenshots directly to the forums in a reply to this thread, without cropping or editing them in any way.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @zorgshanker,

Unfortunately, without the requested information, this report will be archived. Please open a new report with the requested information or evidence if you can provide it later.

Thanks.