1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198100244834 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by insisted anal, Aug 4, 2014.

1. insisted anal

insisted anal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42736201
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198100244834 ()

Victim profile: 76561198045738130

What happened? Description:
    Louis sent me a trade request on csgolounge.com (popular csgo trading and betting site) and said he would buy my M9 Bayonet for 180 USD. I told him that I would go second because he didn't have much rep. He adds me and asks me if he can record to verify the payment. He then asks me to download a computer controlling device called team viewer, which lets the host interact with the victims computer essentially if it were there own. He then asks me to send the device id and my password (which will left him control my pc) and i start sending him fake ids in the chat. After sending him 2 fake id's and passwords I confess and say this is all for a steamrep.com report.
    I didn't want to post the video that i recorded because it contained my team viewer id and passwords. However if an admin requires the clip I can make it private and send him/her the link.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Teamviewer grants control over the host computer when the id is given. It is not a screen share device. This person was trying to gain access to the victims computer for malicious reasons and it it apparent in the chat he provided.
    Ready for review.
  3. insisted anal

insisted anal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42736201
    There is a way on teamviewer where the other person can just view the host's screen, but the person who tried to scam me asked me for details which would let him interact and not only view my screen.
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,
    I apologize for the delay in responding to this report. Unfortunately, we will be unable to proceed with the report due to the following:
    • The entire chat conversation appears to be either incomplete or missing, of which would contain the ENTIRE trade agreement and is vital for a report to be processed.
    • We were unable to show that you were added on Steam with this user.
    As such, this report will be marked Declined. Please read this guide: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/ and prior to submitting a report.
    Regards