1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198103071520 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Der, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Der

Der New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:880934
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198103071520 ()

Victim profile: 76561198069823845

What happened? Description:
    [F2P] Wanker took a Poisoned Shadows BOA from Ghost and promised to broker it. After a long while, and the promise of giving Ghost 30 buds, Wanker is now cashing out and not paying his end. He is ignoring all adds, all contact with Ghost, refusing to acknowledge him and trying to cash out the remainder of his bp as fast as possible. Tons of screenshots as proof.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/19522360

Provide Evidence:
    screenies below​

Attached Files:

2. Gh0st

Gh0st New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54779058
    So here is the harsh story of me and [F2P] Wanker also known as "Eric".. I met Eric in a trade server when he wanted to buy a hat of mine *I cant remember* but I knew about [F2P] Wanker and his resembles to the community so I had a good talk with him and after that me and Eric became pretty good friends, always joking around in trade servers and him giving me tips on trading, so that went on for about a month when I started struggling in trading, I asked Eric "Hey man im not doing to good in trading I keep downgrading and im not knowing it" he gave me tips and at this time I was busy with alot of stuff in real life soo I asked him to broker my Poisoned Shadows Brother Hood of arms for me, he said "alright" and from that point he would tell me offers he got and such and ask me if they were good and all of this, i just told him "You're the broker here and you are the good trader so pick what's best" so he did, we touch bases every few often about it and I never really bothered him since, after he sold the boa for 30 in 1st gen which was a Beams Beak + GE Beak + Beams nappers, i told him oh so you sold the boa? He said yeah and I asked him when he gets pure from the 1st gens he got from my hat if i could just sell the buds myself? He said "if you would like" but he told me he was brokering for someone else and he said it got mixed together and he said "We both know you don't want to get less and I don't want to give more" So I agreed to wait till he just got the buds, so he sold his Scorching Killers Exclusive for some stuff I cannot remember and bought another one again using my 1st Gens added to his stuff.. So I had to wait a bit longer but he did have a Burning beak I asked him about I said to him "When you sell the beak I could have the pure and you give me the rest of the 30 when you get it?" He replied yes but its a tough market atm noone is buying so I agreed just to wait for when he sold the Scorching Killers Exclusive which at this point started worrying me.. So one day I checked his Backpack and I noticed the Burning Beak was gone with no trace of pure or unusuals, I asked him about it and he would always ignore me or evade the question so I started getting really worried, So he started selling his Veils one by one for pure and cashing them out, now at this point I was realllyyyy anxious because he was going to give me the buds when he was about to cash out and I thought what if he just cashes out, quits and never gives me my amount he owes? So i would bug him such often and he would tell me to be patient, so i would message him every week and he ended up selling the Scorching Killers Exclusive for 1st Gens so that got me pretty happy but at the time he would never message me back at all, he would ignore me and message me back like once every 4 days saying sorry been busy when I obviously see him playing TF2 and Left 4 Dead and such games so i just got my mind off it and planned what I was going to do with the money I hardly worked for. finally the day came, I seen all the buds in his bag, I got really excited and started messaging him, but yet again he was completely ignoring me.. he would get on TF2 and other games but yet not give me my buds and message me back, he would then be selling buds secretly like I wouldn't know.. but I knew, so I started getting really nervous after a few days until one morning I woke up and there was a message from him saying, "Hey sorry been busy, I tried to accept the 30 bud trade offer last night but it kept giving me an error" so I said ill send another one and he said okay and yet again he ignored me for 4 more days going offline after I message him and putting his status at always busy.. which now comes to today, I had enough of it and I knew I was probably going to get scammed, so I contacted monkey TF2-T [A] to get some help, he said its really suspicious and that I should post on wankers profile telling him to give me my buds or ill file a steam report in 24 hours, so I did but yet I see wanker still selling stuff in his bp even though I posted it on his profile and SENT him a message, couple hours goes by and I look at Eric's wall and notice he deleted the comment and made it to were noone can comment on it, and then when I knew it was all over when I seen his bp.. all 46 buds were gone and I just.. I felt so sad and I knew there was nothing I could do to get my buds back, but I know that we/I could take him down, so my story concludes to this report against him with the help of Der TF2-T [A] Goes to show you can never trust anyone, but yeah my side story to all of this and Wanker will always be a "WANKER"..
  3. Faux King Christ

Faux King Christ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25976074
    The other person he was brokering for was me. He owes me 23 buds + 8 keys + 1 Tour of Duty ticket. I talked to the guy every day for a year. I am still hoping he will pay me somehow as I really need that money for my next month's rent.
  4. Monkey 2

Monkey 2 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28883801
    Not that I don't believe you. Can you provide some proof of chats or at least trade histories that he was brokering for you and owes you that amount? Hopefully we can move this process quicker with that proof.
  5. Sir. Buttsex ◢ ◤ #Anal

Sir. Buttsex ◢ ◤ #Anal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58562956
    I really loved wanker and hate having to do this but this is just low and wrong after him promising me to get 2 max heads 6keys and v.lugermorph and get it into 10buds by this month that the trade history and I will try digging for more evidence like chats

Attached Files:

6. Faux King Christ

Steam:
    I can sift through my trade history to find when I gave him my dbd brainiac and dbd war pig and maybe some buds, but I don't have chats. I fully trusted him and honestly I still kinda do. I don't think he ever intended to scam anyone. As I've said, I talked to him all the time. I know a ton about the guy and he just isn't like this. I know he is extremely stressed and busy irl, so definitely something has happened, but I think it will get sorted out. I think marking him is a bit premature. I firmly believe in due time he will come out and defend himself, but literally his last message to me minutes before this report was made was about how stressed he is. I'm NOT here to get him marked or accuse him of being a scammer, I'm just here to give facts and perspective. He knows how to contact me personally and I have a feeling he will when he can. Maybe I shouldn't defend him, but he was and I still believe is a very close friend of mine.
  7. Toasty Parm

Toasty Parm New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:65783377
    Doesn't surprise me he did this.
  8. Faux King Christ

Steam:
    Why doesn't this surprise you? It sure surprised the hell out of me and most of our mutual friends.
  9. Toasty Parm

Toasty Parm New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:65783377
    Cause he always a dick from the start. He used hate on other people for scamming but look him now. hes only cared about wealth from the beginning. like he blocks people for beginning "too poor" like cmon
  10. AZIMAGE

AZIMAGE New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47798695
    I would never trust a brokerer, I don't know the policies on them here but stay away from them unless you know 100% you are getting the right amount at the right time.
    Sad to see a good honest trader f✿✿✿ up like this just to get some cash. Makes me sad about this world with all these con-artists.
  11. Faux King Christ

Steam:
    He definitely has changed from the dick he used to be. Seriously he matured a lot over the past year. He hasn't done that for awhile. Even recently we were talking about scammers and he definitely still hated them as of a week ago.

I know many brokers and I've been one myself. The general way it works is the broker takes the item. The owner says how much they would like for their item and the broker tries their best to get that price. I do know or am pretty sure I know Wanker 100% and am pretty sure there is something more to all of this. I'm going to wait until we hear his side of the story to make any judgments.
  12. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Please stop cluttering this report. If you personally have issues with the accused you need to file your own report.
    @Der You understand that I have to have the original chat agreement between the accused and the victim showing a binding contract of brokering. There is no real solid reference to the brokering. If an admin looks at this right now they will reject it without the original chat agreement.
  13. Faux King Christ

Steam:
    I would like it to be known he has just paid me back. I knew there was something that came up and there was. This report didn't help anything. Wanker is NOT a scammer! He keeps his word. This report was premature.
  14. Monkey 2

Monkey 2 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28883801
    Can you provide any trade history screenshot to show he paid you back. Or a PayPal screenshots if it was cash. It just worries me that he changed his name. And privates his profile. And @ Sivartz I understand why you need the original chat.
    It just is odd for a known trader like wanker to completely change his names and set his profile on private directly after this report.
    Premature or not ghost lost his entire backpack which he intended to cash out and use his money for real life issues.

Attached Files:

15. FedoraMan69

FedoraMan69 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62522299
    I remember I use to call him a fedora wearing scumbag when he had the KE :( I take that back!!!
  16. tR. Havoc

tR. Havoc New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36727263
    I know I'm a little late to the party but he did the same thing with my backpack, estimated at the time around $1500. I talked to him every day for several months, Faux and I met through him, and eventually he just stopped responding to my texts and messages, then removed me and cashed out. It really sucks, especially with how much i had trusted him at that point. I helped him get his scorching and burning Veils as well as a ton of other sniper hats. This sucks.
  17. tR. Havoc

tR. Havoc New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36727263
    Hey guys, I posted that comment in a bit of a haze. I hadn't waited for a response before flying to my pitchfork. Eric has since responded to my texts, and it's rather obvious that instead of going to him directly/waiting for a response and explanation, I attacked my friend's character... Which is rather immature. I can't figure out how to delete that comment, so if an admin can or something , please do, but otherwise, Eric if you read this, I'm sorry and I should have waited for you to get back to me before freaking out.
    For anyone else, he hasn't done anything wrong to me, ever. I just freaked out when I saw he wasn't on my friends list and half blacked out. Thanks everyone and sorry for the misunderstanding.
  18. Faux King Christ

Steam:
    So I have a screenshot of him paying me back a bit more than half. He wasn't able to give me everything, because he had to pay back other people and take care of his own cash needs. I hope this shows enough that he's not a scammer. I can try to get some from the other guys.

Attached Files:

19. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Marking ready for review by an admin.
    @Faux King Christ, An admin will have the final say on this.
    Faux King Christ likes this.
  20. Faux King Christ

Steam:
    Admins, any thoughts?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.