1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198103099285 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by GL1TCH3D, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GL1TCH3D

GL1TCH3D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40924487
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198103099285

Victim profile: 76561198042114703

What happened? Description:
    Accused used what I believe to be a stolen paypal account to try and buy my CSGO Medusa FT skin. Very suspicious in chat.​

Provide Evidence:
    So I recently listed my CSGO AWP Medusa skin on /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade to sell for Paypal. I got many scam attempts but this one takes the cake.
    The user contacts me and offers to buy my CSGO Skin for $440, the buyout. He asks for my rep in which I send him my heatware profile link.
    View attachment 436163

He starts sending me the money and it comes in 8 payments, gifted.
    View attachment 436156

That's not normal behaviour. I inquire about it and where he supposedly lives because I searched the email and only found it referenced as the contact email for a Belgium company.

He starts pressuring me to send the item ASAP. I ask him to send me an email from the linked Paypal email and he starts coming up with excuses. View attachment 436142

I've been using paypal for over 7 years now and fees are base fees (like 30 cents?) + % so there's no way it would be cheaper in smaller batches over a lump sum. He starts avoiding the question about sending an email from the linked paypal address, a red flag for stolen paypal accounts.

Eventually he comes up with the story that it's his father that owns the paypal and email but he gave the accused permission to use it to buy expensive CSGO skins, particularly mine, but his father is at the same time not available to send an email. I further investigate by looking at his inventory which is filled with cases View attachment 436153 View attachment 436152 View attachment 436151

I called paypal regarding the payments (unfortunately don't have proof of this since it's over the phone) and I notified them of the situation and they too believed these are red flags. The rep reversed the payments for me.

View attachment 436143

He finishes his chat with a quick "you cant get my money anyway" which suggests this is carded, stolen or he's well versed in charging back gift payments.

I got this email shortly after asking for an email from him.
    View attachment 436164

He probably made that to try and get around my verification steps.

View attachment 436144

That's all I have for pictures. View attachment 436155

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @GL1TCH3D need a screen shot of your Paypal activity for let’s say the last several days full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload here.
    Also just a quick glance at your trade inventory history for last few days - full screen also please..do not edit or crop in anyway.
  3. GL1TCH3D

GL1TCH3D New User

Steam:
    Steam trades. Lots of back and forth with bitskins mainly because I play with my skins

steam part 1.PNG steam part 2.PNG steam part 3.PNG

Then paypal is just mostly preapproved payments and some other direct skin sales of lower value (Master piece was the $50 and kill confirmed was $15, and the $7 for the lot of lower valued skins)

paypal 1.PNG paypal 2.PNG
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Need the paypals in full screen too please... they are cropped down, even show the windows start bar as you did the others
  5. GL1TCH3D

GL1TCH3D New User

Steam:
    Sorry my start bar is auto hidden haha. Let me change that for you.

paypal retake 1.PNG paypal retake 2.PNG
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks that will do - i'l move this to review
  7. Silver Cage

Silver Cage New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71416778
    I sent 8 transactions coz i dont want to get limited from paypal, i didt send my id coz its my personal info i dont want to send it for him.
    I told to him that he didnt get my money, coz i thought that he scammer.
    So he reported me for nothing
  8. Silver Cage

Silver Cage New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71416778
    Hello? Please answer
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:

No need to add me on steam - you sent funds from a paypal account you don't own and instantly started demanding items.
    I'm not sure what you would call this or how you would explain this otherwise. Everything you just said doesn't match to what you said in the chats either.
  10. GL1TCH3D

GL1TCH3D New User

Steam:
    Hello.

Just wanted to follow up. My email provider decided to instantly start filtering all steamrep emails, only passed by to check on the report.

I never asked for ID, just confirmation from the email you sent from. How does someone have access to their paypal but not their email address?

Thanks again Horse
  11. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.