1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198104186888 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by [GER]TheReal, Mar 26, 2015.

1. [GER]TheReal

[GER]TheReal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34497186
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198104186888

Victim profile: 76561198029260101

What happened? Description:
    I wanted to sell him a gift of a DLC and told him, that he has to go first. He agreed and in a trade window he traded 20 Keys to me. Now comes the tricky part: I had already exactly 20 Keys sitting in my inventory, which I had forgotten.

After finishing the trade window he asked me if I got the keys. I checked my inventory, saw the 20 Keys and said yes. However, the keys I saw were Keys I already had for a long time. The scammer meanwhile had not accepted the trade confirmation e-mail. I sent him the gift and only later found out, that I didn't get the Keys.

All attempts to contact the scammer failed, as he has blocked me and his friends are not willing to help me.​

Provide Evidence:
    My agreement with him: (He goes first with 20 Keys)
    View attachment 235467

The gift I sent him:
    View attachment 235468

My inventory history, to prove I didn't get his keys:
    View attachment 235469

Attached Files:

2. [GER]TheReal

[GER]TheReal New User

Steam:
    UPDATE: The situation has cleaned up. He simply forgot to accept the trade confirmation email and had to go AFK. I have the keys now. He is NOT a scammer.
  3. ChickenNuggetRampage

ChickenNuggetRampage New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:71960580
    The situatuion has been cleared, I did not know I had not accepted, and I have done so now
    [GER]TheReal likes this.
  4. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Can you upload a screenshot of your inventory history showing the trade was completed as well as a screenshot of your trade offers? Also if you could please reply to my comment so I know when you have done this, I would appreciate it. Thanks :)
    [GER]TheReal likes this.
  5. [GER]TheReal

[GER]TheReal New User

Steam:
    Sure, he is a screenshot of my trade history. As you can see I got the keys from him:
    inventory history.png

Also screens of my trade offers:
    Trade offer received.png inventory history.png

Attached Files:

6. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    What is the message on the first trade offer that was sent? I can tell the second one between the two of you is it being accepted, but I don't know what the first one says (language barrier and all).
  7. [GER]TheReal

[GER]TheReal New User

Steam:
    It says: Rejected trade on 25. March 2015
  8. Flying Anonymoose

Flying Anonymoose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31172344
    You may want to change your security code for Dispenser 408. Normally you don't want to show that kind of info to the public ;)
    [GER]TheReal likes this.
  9. [GER]TheReal

[GER]TheReal New User

Steam:
    Done, thanks for your note :)
  10. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Sorry for the delay, I am archiving this report as both sides got the payment, and this looks to be an honest mistake. To the accused, do try to be more careful in the future.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015