1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198104594847 - ([-DO-]-Wrath Doto Is The Best / [DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Drigen, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Drigen

Drigen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35063856
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198104594847 ([-DO-]-Wrath Doto Is The Best)

Victim profile: 76561198030393440

What happened? Description:
    This person added me long back through another Steam friend. A while back they started asking me if they could buy ALL my items. I declined but said I could sell them a few select ones. They sent me multiple trade offers for my items, and sometimes even included items that I previously disagreed to trade, begging me to trade with them. Anyway so I agreed to trade 11 Dota items for $ 40.60 USD. Im new to this trade offer thing and since I have $ 0.00 USD in my steam wallet, I agreed. Within the trade offer, this person included a very convincing text which let me to believe it was from Valve saying that after the trade, my steam wallet will be credited with the said amount. I asked this person what will happen if I don't recieve the amount in my wallet, they told me that they will give me a code to redeem for steam wallet cash. So I ended up trusting this person and traded my 11 items. After the trade, this person told me the wallet funds will come after 3 weeks, but If I traded all my items for $ 89 USD the wallet funds will only take a day to come. I declined. After some time this person started harrassing me for the rest of my items saying that if I don't accept their trade offer for ALL my items they won't give me the code for the steam wallet funds for the first trade of 11 items for $ 40.60 USD. My patience ran out so I told them to give me the code or I will report them for trade scam. I even told them that if they don't have the Steam wallet code, they can go buy a steam gift card and tell me the code. They refused to do so and also refused to trade me back my items. I'm feeling miserable now and wanted to report this person. I also realized that this person is on trade probation. I hope no one else gets scammed by this person. I hope this person's steam account and their email address get banned permanently. Below is the text they used in the steam trade offer that led me to believe it was official. I also took screenshots just in case...and it has proved to be helpful.

"Steam Guard:Your account will be credited the amount of $40.60 USD, it will be available after the exchange.
    If you refuse the exchange amount will be refunded to the buyer.Sincerely
    administration SteamCommunity
    Pay: $40.60 USD

© Valve Payment Info:
    Registration number:B10980M
    VAT ID: LU22517916
    IBLT Number:25519716
    CODE:GL345H287F012
    HOUR: 11:07
    DATE: 3/01/2014
    After trade your Steam wallet is active add funds here http://store.steampowered.com/steamaccount/addfunds
    If appears a problem contact https://support.steampowered.com/
    © Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners."

This person included this message in all the trade offers, but they changed the price for each of them.​

Provide Evidence:
    "Steam Guard:Your account will be credited the amount of $40.60 USD, it will be available after the exchange.
    If you refuse the exchange amount will be refunded to the buyer.Sincerely
    administration SteamCommunity
    Pay: $40.60 USD

© Valve Payment Info:
    Registration number:B10980M
    VAT ID: LU22517916
    IBLT Number:25519716
    CODE:GL345H287F012
    HOUR: 11:07
    DATE: 3/01/2014
    After trade your Steam wallet is active add funds here http://store.steampowered.com/steamaccount/addfunds
    If appears a problem contact https://support.steampowered.com/
    © Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners."

This person included this message in all the trade offers, but they changed the price for each of them.​

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Hello!!!
    Thank you for your report! An SR admin will review yours in a while!
  3. Drigen

Drigen New User

Steam:
    More screenshots of the other trade offers this person sent me for my items>>

Attached Files:

4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello, can you provide a screenshot of your inventory history?
    (Make sure it's uncropped)

Also give more screenshots of the chat.
  5. Drigen

Drigen New User

Steam:
    I am sorry but I have no more screenshots of our chat history :| And I don't know how to recover the all the chat history. Here is a screenshot of my Inventory history. I also took a screenshot of this person's steam profile because there are three people who have written "+rep I have received the money" on this person's profile. I think all the "+reps" are fake. The users who have posted these supposedly fake +rep comments on this persons profile are SexyCanadian™, Dont make me [HOT] and HellDryWalker.
    Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my report :)

Attached Files:

6. Drigen

Drigen New User

Steam:
    I looked at two of those users profiles and they all seem to have "+rep I received the money fair trade" or similar comments made by eachother on their profiles.
  7. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    That would work!
    An SR admin will review this in a while!
  8. GioErze

GioErze New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59654439
    Hi. I was just offered a similar trade, 200 USD for barely 30 worth of items. It smelled too fishy so i refused, but here's the screenshot:

Attached Files:

9. Don't Made Me Mad

Don't Made Me Mad New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:77899233

Attached Files:

10. Don't Made Me Mad

Steam:
    conversation of me and the scammer

Attached Files:

11. Don't Made Me Mad

Steam:
    damn.. its so easy to do that... tell your friends that make good comment on that profile... brains pls
  12. 430

430 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:85843810
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

My item got stolen by scammer

im already sent ticket but steam not reply it " https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=8799-EFXM-2156 "
    please help me..

What happened? Description:
    he offer me to trade my Legion commander royal guard set + 1 Immortal item + 2 Rare for 4$ steam wallet but when i accept his steam offer , my wallet still 0$
    please give me my item back or just ban that scammer..
    thanks in advance for u support

Provide Evidence:

シリア has offered to send you Steam money

Payment Mode: SWT(Steam Wallet Transfer)

Steam Credit to be sent: 4.00 USD

Transaction Charge: 0.00 USD
    Steam Guard Charge: 0.01 USD

*NOTE*
    SWT(Steam Wallet Transfer) is an exceptionally guarded trading system, ALL transactions are kept in the steam database, any signs of fraud will immetiately terminate the transaction. (?)

Attached Files:

13. Makoy ^_^

Makoy ^_^ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:82753606