1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198104671354 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Commando1219, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Commando1219

Commando1219 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55905286
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198104671354

Victim profile: 76561198072076300

What happened? Description:
    A guy by the name of "SUPERNOVA" added me to discuss buying my unusual searing plasma wraith wrap. I told him the price was 112 keys, but I was open to offers. He said was agreed to the price, but wanted to check for dupe. I sent him a bp.tf link of the item's history to show it wasn't duped. He still wasn't satisfied and asked me invite a friend into a group chat then trade it to him. I got a little suspicious, but shrugged it off as he was either very new to trading or trolling. I never trusted him very much the whole time. After I traded it to my friend, Nova said he was checking to see than stopped talking all together.

At this time, he had actually invited my friend into a separate group chat with an alt disguised with my name and profile picture. The alt traded him and took the unusual, I didn't realize this was going on until I asked my friend for the unusual back. He said he had already traded it back.

As of right now, Nova has blocked all communication with me and tried to sell the unusual to one person. This guy is still out scamming others, he needs to be stopped. I'll put more information up if I find it.​

Provide Evidence:
    Images of proof are below including, trades and half of the chat log. I lost the file for the first half, but I at least got it when he discussed trading it to my friend.​

Attached Files:

2. MalevolantMax

MalevolantMax New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60852552
    The same happened to me just then but with my unusual tin topi, luckily my bro stopped the trade immediately and changed our passwords.
  3. [M&C] TheBluekr

[M&C] TheBluekr SteamRep Moderator Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63807812
    It's not the password part, it's more that somebody is trying to add you, ask to trade item to friend, impersonate you, ask it 'back' and be gone with it. This is known as a middleman scam, have been victim to this when I was new :/