1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198107941141 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Avidbrandy, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avidbrandy

Avidbrandy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28338672
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198107941141

Victim profile: 76561198016943073

What happened? Description:
    BTC Scam. I send BTC for 184 keys. After user received BTC he removed/blocked me and changed profile/name.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Avidbrandy

Avidbrandy New User

Steam:
    Also a heads-up, currently he is impersonating this user: //steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052237810 currently using this poor guy's rep thread even.
  3. Avidbrandy

Avidbrandy New User

Steam:
  4. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Hello @Avidbrandy
    Would you kindly upload still images directly to our database using the "Upload a File" feature?
    This allows us to process reports faster and they can act as easy reference afterward.
    We only need the Btc transaction history, chat record (upload that one from the gyazo link you posted), and trade history following the instructions below.

Please refrain from cropping and/or editing the evidence if possible.
    You may block out your personal information like steam username and email. (Optional)
    Evidence is valid and accepted when it:
    - Display steam related evidence using steam client browser. (Required)
    - Excludes the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right. (Optional)
    - Shows the Steam URL in top left. (Required)
    - Shows the FULL Steam client browser. (Required)
    - Shows FULL chat window if providing chat records. (Required)
    - Shows the full browser if providing Paypal/Cash Transaction related evidence. (Required)
  5. Avidbrandy

Avidbrandy New User

Steam:
    Sorry, that video showing everything blatantly laid out for you is all I have. I deleted and moved on afterwards. Just trying to help the community.

If a full Youtube video isn't enough, it sounds like your system may be a bit archaic and in need of work.
  6. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    Hello @Avidbrandy
    First of all, we cannot guarantee that the evidence you upload to third-party sites will remain there permanently.
    Once the evidence is lost, the accused is granted a free appeal and clean slate as there is no longer any supporting evidence.
    Reviewing video evidences takes a lot longer than reviewing still images, hence, we always request the user to screenshot key evidences from the video instead.
    The information I have kindly requested can all be accessed and obtained easily. I would gladly take screenshots from the video and upload them myself.
    However, the policy doesn't allow me to do as it might be considered as tampering with evidence, so it's best to be uploaded by the original reporter.
    If you believe that this is way too hard or too much work for you, I can upload the evidences for you. Although, you'll still be missing the trade history evidence.
  7. Avidbrandy

Avidbrandy New User

Steam:
    Understood. I've uploaded what I can to provide the same evidence through screenshot.

I'm afraid the lack of any trade is what the scam is about. This was a BTC payment sent, with no received trade.

Attached Files:

8. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    @Avidbrandy
    Thank you for understanding.
    The reason why we need a screenshot of your trade history is to show that there is no trade conducted between you and the accused.
    So if you don't mind, please upload the last evidence and I will prioritize this report.
    If you didn't trade much within that period, we do need to see at least 2-3 trades of before and after those dates.

Required Steam Settings for this exercise:
    - Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    - On top left, open menu STEAM and select SETTINGS.
    - On the new Settings dialog box, select INTERFACE and enable the tick in front of: Display Steam URL address bar when available.
    - Click OK to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

How to make the screenshot(s) and add them to the reply here:
    - In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting INVENTORY.
    - On top right, click the MORE button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select VIEW INVENTORY HISTORY.
    - Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    - Go to the start menu and type in the seek box SNIPPING, you will find in Vista and later the SNIPPING TOOL, click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window EXCLUDING the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    - Click the DISK icon, or click FILE and then SAVE AS.. , and save it to your desktop.
    - Come back here and make a reply.
    - Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.

Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    - Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    - MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    - MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    - MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    - MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    - MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    - You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    - If you are using a custom skin, we will require you to redo this with the default Steam skin.
    For an example, click this screenshot: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png
  9. Avidbrandy

Avidbrandy New User

Steam:
    Reuploaded because I thought I'd made a mistake.

These screens show the trades surrounding the time of the incident. Time can be verified by the BTC transaction as well as chat logs.

Thanks for the assistance with this.

Attached Files:

10. Avidbrandy

Avidbrandy New User

Steam:
    These shots cover the two days since the transactions. Issue occured about 34 hour ago.

Attached Files:

11. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    Hello @Avidbrandy
    The evidence is sufficient for your report to be prioritized for further investigation.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, and please do so again if you encounter any scam attempts.
    Thank you again!
  12. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @Avidbrandy,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.