1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198110242399 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Old School Gamer, May 31, 2014.

1. Old School Gamer

Old School Gamer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17989239
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198110242399 ()

Victim profile: 76561197996244206

What happened? Description:
    Ok, this guy steam username, "PiTBok", contacted me for a trade of DOTA 2 items. I ask him which items, he explains some items for Earth Shaker(a hero in the DOTA 2 games). He wants a full set of items for this character, and he says he will send me an offer. He says "your earth shaker set for $10" but I thought he meant thats its value, really he meant he will send me $10 for it and then 20 seconds later he writes, "PiTBok: ill add 1 legendary courier $15 all."

I tell him to send me the trade offer through steam and he does and when I look, its a fake letter he wrote out that says it will deposit money into my steam wallet as soon as I accept his trade offer which gives me no items and it sends him my full set of items. Its an obvious fraud attempt, but he writes it all out as if its a professional letter form steam and even says the transaction is covered by steamguard and all. Look at the pictures for all the details.

If it was an inexperienced trader, I think they may fall for it and lose their items to this scammer.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here you can see the trade offer, he wrote out a full fake letter pretending it is an official statement from steam telling me that I will receive $15.00 once I trade him all my items he wants and I get nothing in the trade. He uses terms pretending the trade is legit and protected by steamguard, etc.

View attachment 89705

Here is the initial chat from the start. He must have been on my friend list from a past trade, so he just sent me this message here:

View attachment 89706

This is his profile with all the usernames he has used on steam up to now.

View attachment 89707

This is the end, I decline his trade, but he made up more lies trying to get me to accept over and over before I declined the trade. SCAMMER FAIL!!!​

Attached Files:

2. Old School Gamer

Old School Gamer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17989239
    Somehow its giving errors for the pictures that I put in evidence. But if you click the attached pictures at the bottom of my report in order, they go with the bold text in the "Provide Evidence" area. So you can easily see the pictures of the scam attempt and read my descriptions that way.
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, @Old School Gamer.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review and an SR admin will review this ASAP.
  4. BE_Power

BE_Power New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66415290
    He sent me fake trade too. He is scammer.

Attached Files:

• go.jpg
      go.jpg
      File size:
      195.6 KB
      Views: