1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198112868286 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by McFail, Apr 12, 2015.

1. McFail

McFail New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:87275418
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Trading with marked scammers or hijackers
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198112868286

Victim profile: 76561198134816565

What happened? Description:
    First he put up a trade offer, Real Money for an Stattrak M4A4 Bullet Rain FN along other M4s.
    I offered him the skin, he added me and I accepted him.

After a while he convinced me to go to TeamSpeak3 in order to talk about the deal.
    There was another person in the channel but I didn't care about that (which I should have).
    He convinced me to install the program TeamView after promising me 75€ by a paysafecard payment. Then he explained me through TeamSpeak how it worked, and I told him my ID Number and Password/Code for him to see my screen. I blocked his mouse so he couldn't move it.

But I was stupid/naive enough to believe him that he needed the transaction to be recorded (my side, how I would "receive the money"). So I was logged in my email account with the confirmation email open with the "gift"-offer with the M4 in it.

I didn't realize that he had his accomplice/scam partner who was listening the whole time in the channel. So he had my ID number and password/code, too. With it he could take control of my mouse cursor and click on accept, even if it was only for a few seconds before I pulled the internet cable out to prevent more damage...
    (I don't have the chat log anymore since I restarted my PC (got rid of TeamView), and he blocked me, of course, but that wouldn't help a lot either...)

I know that I won't get my skin back and that I was really stupid and naive and should've seen it coming.
    But I want this guy to get at least a scam report against him, and to raise awareness of this TeamView scam (which was new to me)!

#####################
    FOR ALL THE TL;DR GUYS:
    #####################
    - wanted to sell M4A4 for real money
    - got promised payment, went to TeamSpeak and got TeamView installed
    - told ID Number and Password/Code for him to see my screen
    - third party/his accomplice got that, too. Took control of my mouse cursor for a short time and got me scammed of my M4

Thank you for your attention.
    Stay safe and don't get scammed!​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshot of the "trade", his trade offers and the block.​

Attached Files:

2. Cyborg

Cyborg Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65481715
    For future reference, always talk about trades with a chatbox, not a mic, that way it is screenshot-able.