1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198115735886 - (One Man Wolf Pack / [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by HappyHippie, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyHippie

HappyHippie Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41773418
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198115735886 (One Man Wolf Pack)

Victim profile: 76561198043812564

What happened? Description:
    So it's almost 1 AM, and this guy adds me, and he tells me that he's the guy that bought my copy of Dark Souls PDTE for some CS:GO KEYS (which is this guy - http://steamcommunity.com/id/OneMan_WolfPack), and that he wants to take a look at the list of games that I'm selling again, because I'm a "trusted trader". I gave him the list, and he was intrested in Biohsock Infinite, which was the game the original DS buyer was also intrested in, but decided to pass on it. He asked the price, I gave it to him, and then he asked that I would go first, and because it was quite late and my brain didn't really function very well, I was about to give him the game, but then I entered his profile and saw that he got almost no games, unlike the guy I traded with, so I got back to my inventory history and checked the guy I was traded with, and obiviously it's a different guy. When I gave him the original guy's profile, he said that it's his alt account. If so, why would you trade with me with your alt account and not the the main profile with the keys in it? I asked him where are the keys, he said that he needs to buy them, and because I already realised it's a fraud, I asked him to get the keys and go first if he wants the game. He asked me that if he goes on his "main account", will I go first, I said no, but that he should go there anyways, so I waited for him to add me, but what a surprise - he didn't!
    So that's about it, I hope he gets what he desreves, and thanks for reading my report!
    If I have any information or evidence missing, please let me know and I'll fill it in.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first picture(named "Scammer") contains my own inventory history, as you can see we didn't do any trade, and you can also see the trade I've done with the original guy.
    The second picture contains the proof that I verified the identity of the person(I hope I did this right).
    The thrid and fourth pictures show the full chat window.​

Attached Files:

2. HappyHippie

Steam:
    Upadte: I might be wrong, and it is the same guy with 2 accounts, I checked the scammer's friend and he got the guy I traded with as a friend, which is odd if he impersonate him. I added the original guy again but he didn't accept my friends request yet, and I think that if he is the same guy and he did not try to scam me right now, he should've added me or at least accept my request as soon as he saw it.
    If I got the whole story wrong, I can at least say that the alt account guy was acting very suspicious, and he didn't add me when I asked him.
    So keep the report on hold untill I update you about it, thanks again!
  3. HappyHippie

Steam:
    Update #2: I added the guy on both of the accounts, but he simply ignored the requests.
    In conclusion, I think that I got wrong because not only both of the accounts are friends with each other, they also got some common friends, and you can see some similliar nicknames both of them had.
    I think the mods here should check it more in depth, maybe the alt account got hijacked and the hijacker tried to scam me, I have no idea. But if the guy did nothing wrong and no one tried to scam me, he's still being kind of a dick for just ignoring my requests and making me wait.
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Archiving due to lack of solid evidence.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.