1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198116901383 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Roger | Blue Ram-Dragon, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger | Blue Ram-Dragon

Roger | Blue Ram-Dragon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36903320
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198116901383

Victim profile: 76561198034072369

What happened? Description:
    I was recently approached by someone who wanted to buy some TF2 keys that I was carrying around. Everything seemed Normal, They bought 40 - 60 dollars CAD worth of the stuff via PayPal and I sent my things over.

I had them type in the message box that they were purchasing virtual goods, would not charge back, and their Steam ID.

After a bit of time had passed I got a bunch of messages from PayPal about unauthorized payments. I messaged the person about it and they haven't replied since. This was on "13 Jan, 2016 @ 4:08pm" I disputed the claim as I had the screenshots and transaction, however after some digging, I realized the account probably didn't actually belong to the person that paid for the items (hence unauthorized payment).

I have some screenshots from conversation, as well as the PayPal transaction itself and I am disclosing them with this message.

Trading up from nothing to having TF2 keys to trade for various other things took a lot of time and effort, I understand that the mistake was mostly my fault, though it's really disheartening to feel like that all was stolen from you and for nothing. When things in life started getting tough, I decided to sell some of my virtual goods to try and help a little. I also understand that this part of the message is unnecessary and may not even be relevant, but life sucks sometimes.​

Provide Evidence:
    I had to scratch out the owner's address and name, I feel like this user who scammed me stole, or someone got a hold of this person's PayPal information, and I don't see it right to share that kind of information if they really weren't involved.

View attachment 367298

Here are the conversations, Steam ID info, and trade:

View attachment 367299
    -----
    View attachment 367300
    -----
    View attachment 367301 -----
    View attachment 367302

Attached Files:

2. Roger | Blue Ram-Dragon

Steam:
    Forgot to add; His Steam ID matches (top left) the one he added to the PayPal message.

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Roger | Blue Ram-Dragon Need the screen shot unedited please and need a screen shot of your trade inventory history taken in a web browser, showing the URL at the top of the screen...showing the trade in question just move mouse pointer over users name so it brings up the hyper text at the bottom and overlay of usersname - screenshot that and post unedited. Thanks!
  4. T0XiiC

T0XiiC New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26256983
    You also replied in my thread, It seems like this user uses multiple paypal accounts. He also scammed me.
  5. Roger | Blue Ram-Dragon

Steam:
    pBA9wU2.png

Xlhq13A.png
  6. AznZeus

AznZeus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40386372
    I suggest transferring the money and deleting all your info. He'll likely win cause its virtual and he can just say charge back
  7. Roger | Blue Ram-Dragon

Steam:
    I looked into that, it was weird. Right after the trade I transferred the money to my bank (this is before I knew I was being scammed). It went through, but because the transaction is on hold now, PayPal says I owe them the money back (negative balance). I saw the money in my bank account, but I couldn't delete any of my info because it held onto it due to the fact that I owed them money. I also couldn't make purchases with paypal because of the Negative balance. So I transferred the money back over, but I had to pay more than I received because the conversion rate changed. Super annoying.
  8. AznZeus

AznZeus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40386372
    If you can put it pack in paypal then remove the info then transferring it to a new paypal. i was talking about abandoning the account entirely and transferring it to a new one even though itll go negative paypal wont pursue you. Only for large transactions.
  9. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Roger | Blue Ram-Dragon AznZeus does not speak for SR.

Thanks for the what you provided - I'm moving the report for review.
  10. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @Roger | Blue Ram-Dragon, please add:
    -ScreenShot of your paypal history- showing all the activity -in full screen, displaying the url bar and without cropping anything;
    -ScreenShot of that paypal chargeback: Go to Resolution Center then click on the dispute, make sure that the image is in full screen and displaying the url bar.

Thanks!
  11. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Since no further information has been provided for over 7 days, I'm going to Archive this report. Feel free to re-submit your report with the requested evidence. Be sure to re-upload all evidence previously provided, and provide a link to this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.