1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198119161877 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Neeno, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Neeno

Neeno New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47224634
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198119161877

Victim profile: 76561198054714997

What happened? Description:
    Someone Added me, warning me that i have an impersonator, and told me to report him, will attach the whole chat with the guy who warned me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Do you have any proof of his attempt to scam in your name?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Neeno

Neeno New User

Steam:
    yes the guy who warned me said so and isnt't enough that he used my name and my location and my old avatar as a proof beside he is impersonating someone else right now, you can simply check his profile he posted a steamtrades.com rep page of someone else using his name.
  4. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    We need proof of impersonation with intent to scam. Just impersonating someone (as a "joke" or whatever) is not a good thing, but the context is important for determining the intent.
  5. Neeno

Neeno New User

Steam:
    i attached a chat log of the guy who warned me about the impersonator stating that he tried to scam him, and also check his previous profile name you will find mine and at the time he told me i made a thread on reddit to warn other people , although do you think someone got reported 4 times for the same thing is making it as a joke?!!
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    It doesn't matter what I think, what matters is what I can prove. A simple chat log alerting you to someone with the same name (or avatar) as you on Steam does not prove intent to scam.

But... having reviewed other pending reports on the accused I will go ahead and mark this as evidence provided for what is more than likely just another impersonation among many.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. Neeno

Neeno New User

Steam:
    ok.. Thank you. & btw how can i have a proof of my impersonator trying to scam me, it doesn't make any sense.
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    For an impersonation case like this, you'd need to prove he tried to misuse your reputation. For example, in the other reports I processed, he had provided a link to someone else's reputation thread on another website. In that case, he's not only a look-alike, but he's claiming to be someone he's not, in the context of earning their trust as required by a trade. That is not just impersonation, but also fraud, and it's something we mark for. Another example of a time we mark for impersonation is when they provide a link to the user's SteamRep profile, such as an admin or middleman. If you have evidence (such as from your friend) not only using your name, but attempting to pass off a reputation which isn't theirs, that would be what we need.
  9. Neeno

Neeno New User

Steam:
    This is what he was doing exactly , he put on his steam profile my steam trades rep page at the time i did my report he was using it but now he is using this other guy pax or prax.
  10. NandoRod

NandoRod New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28525659
    Thanks for the report, he's been using my name to scam people. I seriously hope he gets banned soon.