1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198120565051 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Prim3, May 11, 2015.

1. Prim3

Prim3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33733562
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198120565051

Victim profile: 76561198027732853

What happened? Description:
    We negotiated a deal where I would give him 2 TF2 Keys + 3 Payday 2 Hotline Miami DLC gifts as collatoral.

After he received the collateral he would send $18 via Paypal for me to buy him The Witcher Wild Hunt.

After I sent him my collateral, his status on Steam immediately changed to "away" and I noticed he had activated one of my DLC.

He hasn't replied so I assume the worst which was foolish of him.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Prim3

Prim3 New User

Steam:
    He eventually deleted me accusing ME of scamming him. He hasn't returned any of my items.
  3. Prim3

Prim3 New User

Steam:
    He has 382 games and a relatively clean reputation which may suggest he has been scamming amateurs in trading up to this point. All the more reason he should be marked. He is most likely using an alt account to store his items which is why those should be found as well.
  4. Prim3

Prim3 New User

Steam:
  5. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @Prim3 , in order to proceed with your report please add a:
    -ScreenShot of your paypal history- showing all the activity(go back 1 month, from the date of the scam)-in full screen, displaying the url bar and without cropping anything;
    -Screenshot of your inventory history:

1º-Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    2º-On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    3º-On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    4º-Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

Making the screenshot:
    -In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    -On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    -Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    -Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    -Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    -Come back here and make a reply.
    -Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.
    Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    -Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    -MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    -MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    -MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    -MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    -MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    -You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    Example: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png
  6. Prim3

Prim3 New User

Steam:
    Thanks Jose for the reply, I have been in contact with another admin, Chride2k8 and we are ready to approve this report but regardless I'll upload the screenshots as requested.

Attached Files:

7. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    @Prim3 I need the paypal activity not the summary. Please Upload it.
  8. Prim3

Prim3 New User

Steam:
    ok that should be it. Paypal.png
  9. Prim3

Prim3 New User

Steam:
    ^
  10. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Prim3 , this report has provided the expected evidence. It will be prioritized for later review. It may result in possible bans against the accused.
  11. Prim3

Prim3 New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

12. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Hi there, can you please provide a screenshot of your paypal history showing the date without it being cutoff (the year is cut off). Thank you!
  13. Prim3

Prim3 New User

Steam:
    What the heck is wrong with you people, I've provided over 5 screenshots which is more than enough evidence and the scammer has already scammed 3 and probably more people. No wonder there are so many scammers going around, they know they'll get away with it.
    You really would rather take my report back a step despite the fact that there is enough evidence? Plus CHRIDE2k8 already told me 3 weeks ago he'd be banned. Last paypal.png
  14. Prim3

Prim3 New User

Steam:
    The accused has already wiped his steam profile comments, changed his name and profile picture. Plus he's deleted all people from his friends list and emptied his backpack.
    I'd bet he's scammed over 10 people and thanks to you guys, I doubt he'll ever stop.
  15. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    I hope you can understand we are overworked volunteers who get over 70 reports a day, so we cannot get to every report in a timely manner. Also, by reporting him there is already a public warning on his profile that he has a pending report against him, so it is hardly our fault, although unfortunate, if others fall for his schemes. We have to be very particular in the evidence we gather to make sure everything is legitimate, for people do falsely report people, and I'm sure if that happened to you you would appreciate the caution we take when giving out tags. (also Chride is a moderator at Steamrep not an admin and cannot ban people directly).

As for the report itself, I am accepting this report and the accused has been banned.

Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.