1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198122598376 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Another Evan, Nov 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Another Evan

Another Evan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38720048
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198122598376

Victim profile: 76561198037705825

What happened? Description:
    this is a whopper. here it goes. My friend http://steamcommunity.com/id/dacatgrumpystorm/ asked me if I could help him with something, I said sure. someone wanted him to give me a dota 2 item to me to hold to show it wasn't bugged. I nick named my friend (private raffle) previously, so I could be sure it was him if this happened. he added me to friends, then invited me to group chat. he then messaged me in private chat and told me to trade my $400 worth of unusuals to trade to my friend to show I was trustworthy. meanwhile, he'd set up his alt to impersonate my friend and invited me to trade. I took screenshots of all the involved profiles and chat windows (besides mine). sorry if they are a mess, but the scam is supposed to be messy to confuse you. he also apparently impersonated me to try and fool my friend. unfortunately, my friend lost an item to the scam. screenshots 1-5 are chat, 6-7 are the scammers profiles, eight is my friends profile, and nine is a screenshot he took of his trade history.​

Provide Evidence:
    here are screenshots of the event, hopefully they aren't too messy.​

Attached Files:

2. tintin

tintin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75054403
    same thing happened with me. he added a friend of mine and invited to group chat and he told me to trade my courier with my friend and he created a fake profile of mine and stole my 400$ courier by sending trade request to my friend . help me too please i'm new to this site and i dont know how to report this guy.please help me.
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, please link the other users here
  4. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.