1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198122931794 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by reg409, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reg409

reg409 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55850675
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198122931794

Victim profile: 76561198071967079

What happened? Description:
    He added me and attempted to offer Steam Wallet funds for my CS:GO items via trade offer, which I knew was impossible.​

Provide Evidence:
    Alright, so it's my average night as a gamer. I was bumping my trades on tf2outpost.com and on csgolounge.com as I recently purchased Counterstrike: Global Offensive and began small trading within that community.

Suddenly, I get an add, I check his backpack and see he has next to no items of value. I automatically assume it's a phisher, however, I accept him anyways, just to make sure.

He then quickly makes an offer of 11 euro for my CS:GO inventory. First off, I don't live in Europe, and secondly, I know 11 euro is way too good to be true.

He next says he can pay me through PayPal or with Steam Wallet. At this point, I am 100% sure he is a scammer, but I go along with it to get evidence.

Finally, he sends me a trade offer as I give him the go to do so. Attached with the trade of me giving him all my CS:GO items is a fake note stating how 11 euro will be transferred to my inventory and if I have any questions, to contact Steam Support.

FInally (again), I called him out and told him I have a 1500$ inventory of TF2 items and I am not new to his scamming ways.

I almost feel bad for him, he must have been so happy thinking he was gonna get his grubby little hands on my cheap CS:GO skins. JK, I hope the delinquent scammer's PC explodes and launches glass into his eyes.

Thanks for reading! Images will be uploaded below!​

Attached Files:

2. reg409

reg409 New User

Steam:
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Ready for review.
  4. reg409

reg409 New User

Steam:
  5. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Hello @reg409,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.