1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198123363865 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by razvrazv11, Jun 6, 2015.

1. razvrazv11

razvrazv11 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44094241
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198123363865

Victim profile: 76561198048454211

What happened? Description:
    I was offered a trade for a Genuine Golden Trove Cask by a user named Castaway. He told me he would agree to pay me the money on my card via multiple solutions. I agreed to ask an middle-man he provided to intermediate the transaction. The intermediary is the one I am accusing in this report. He explained to me the necessary steps for the completion of the trade and asked me when I was ready to move forward. I told him he seemed legit and we should proceed. He gave me a steam offer link. I sent him the item I wanted to sell and said he would get back to me. I waited then I saw that the buyer had blocked me and this guy, the middleman was not answering me. I reported him on steam and decided to go on and make a report about him here too so that he would not scam other people too. Hope you investigate this and get back to me soon!​

Provide Evidence:
    I have attached multiple photos of: chat window scrolled down to see how the scam worked out; his profile that makes it seem he is a legitimate middle-man - profile links sent to me by the intended buyer; the steam offer that was made; the yahoo e-mail confirmation to prove I accepted the trade offer thinking the guy could be trusted.​

Attached Files:

2. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    @razvrazv11

Can you provide:

• Inventory history showing the transfer of the item to the fake MM
    • Steam information of the other party
    The buyer is involved in the scam. The two MM suggestion is a tactic used by scammers to appear legitimate. They offer up one MM who is offline and real, and another who is online (and their accomplice) but is fake. The fake one accepts and continues the scam. Both parties are accountable in this case.
  3. razvrazv11

razvrazv11 New User

Steam:
    Hello! In the attached photos I've placed you will notice that "Report - 5" has the information you require regarding the trade history where it shows the trade offer made to the "middleman" I have accused here. I have nothing else and can think of nothing else I can send you since the item is now not in my inventory and I have no screenshot of when I had it in the first place. I do still have the card with the Steam code to prove that I had it but nothing else now unfortunately.
    Regarding the other guy, I found him and have copied you here a link leading towards his steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Khenkhenkhen
    Hope that answers and provides for what you asked of me. If I can be of any more help please reply and let me know. Have a good day!
  4. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Steam:
  5. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Steam:
    @razvrazv11

Inventory History can be found here on your inventory page: [​IMG]
  6. razvrazv11

razvrazv11 New User

Steam:
    Sorry! I did not know that. I have attached a new photo with the required information you asked. If I can do anything else let me know!

Attached Files:

7. razvrazv11

razvrazv11 New User

Steam:
    So I guess this has been left behind and the culprit has not been dealt with.. good to know bad administratos watch this site.. that's why all these parasites get away with scams!
  8. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    A steamrep tag accomplishes barely anything more than a report. This report is linked on his profile - a tag would show on his profile. If they don't check for reports, they won't check for tags.

Also, the user was already tagged a month ago, and trade banned just after that.