1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198123488828 - (Mikey x3 / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by brendan [HAX], Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brendan [HAX]

brendan [HAX] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35553083
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198123488828 (Mikey x3)

Victim profile: 76561198031371895

What happened? Description:
    Met this scammer on a trading server. He randomly added me to his friend's list and I stupidly thought nothing of it. About an hour later, I began to sell my unusuals in which he then traded me. He wanted my Unusual Furious Fukkamigasa for his Strange Gunslinger. I thought this was a good deal so I preceeded to go on with the trade. As we were about to make the trade, he told me he was thinking whether or not he should do it, so I went back into game and that was when he quickswitched his Strange Gunslinger to a regular Gunslinger. Of course, I was careless enough to not see his changes as he spammed the trade chat with "are you there", "hello?", "HEY", and I went on to trade. It was my fault for not paying full attention and it was only till after the trade when I received the item that I saw it was a regular Gunslinger instead of a strange one.

On a side not, he has attempted to quickswitch multiple times on his alt accounts and sadly I was only of the victims that fell for it! http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198041107792

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. brendan [HAX]

brendan [HAX] New User

Steam:
    He moved the Unusual to an unknown private account thus making the history of the item not shown on backpack.tf. Checked his backpack and he out of no where gotten more items, checked the history of those items and the victim received a normal gunslinger as well. He's going to keep doing this until he's stopped.
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Do you have the chat with the agreement?
  4. brendan [HAX]

brendan [HAX] New User

Steam:
    Unfortunately I do not as it was all in the trade chat and I went along and traded him without knowing he has quickswitched it. It was solely my mistake for not taking my time with the trade. However, I do not think it would matter anymore whether or not he'll get tagged as a scammer because he would just use another one of his alts to continue his nasty 'work'. He's a ruthless and repeated offender, nothing could or would stop him. It's up to you if you want to close this report... Thanks for your time, Sjru!
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Did you agree on it on a trade website like outpost? We need any screenshot of an agreement to prove this, else I'll have to archive.
  6. brendan [HAX]

brendan [HAX] New User

Steam:
    Nah man, unfortunately I do not have an agreement. It happened all of a sudden on a trade server. Anyway, yeah just archive it man, I got no other way to provide further evidence. I just don't want other people to become victimised as well.
  7. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Without that, we can't prove this.

At most you can report on Harpoon gaming for sharking.

Archiving.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.