1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198125981174 - (Scout Man v2 / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Minecartguy, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minecartguy

Minecartguy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44035317
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198125981174 (Scout Man v2)

Victim profile: 76561198048336363

What happened? Description:
    So, Mr. Scout Man V2 added me, wanting to buy my unusual Jumper's Jeep-cap w/ O. Planets, and he offered to buy it with real money. I said it would be fine, so he offered me $60 via steam wallet funds to buy it (knowing there is no current way to transfer steam funds other than marketplace) So he sent me a trade offer wanting my jeep-cap, along with some paint I had in my backpack, The trick to this was that he sent a very, very convincing trade offer equipped with a text box saying:
    "$60.00 will be added to your account balance after accepting this trade offer. These funds are for immediate use of steam store.

This email message will serve as the reciept. You can also access your purchase history online at any time.

For help or product support, please visit: http://support.steampowered.com (?)"
    Then after I confronted him about him trying to scam me, he said that the recent steam update had let the users be able to trade steam wallet funds via trade offer, but after researching on thus said update, I discovered that no such update has ever existed.
    He then claimed to have a $50 steam redemption code, but I was not convinced, so i headed straight to steam rep, took some screenshots, and here I am typing this out.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    That would work!
    An SR admin will review this in a while!
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello @Minecartguy,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.