1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198126067141 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by LaCrampeCI | kickback.com, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaCrampeCI | kickback.com

LaCrampeCI | kickback.com New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:6591428
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198126067141

Victim profile: 76561197973448585

What happened? Description:
    Yoshi added me in order to make a trade with his "main account". I've immediately seen that he was friend with an impersonated Big Bang Theory which meant he was propably attempting to scam me.

So, as a lot of scammers, he wanted me to read his description, saying "We both undergo Item Verification by Steamworks Developer first just to have assurance if we are really trading safe items. [...]"

I let you guess what he's gonna do after that... But just have a look at the screenshots​

Provide Evidence:
    As you can see, in the scam_friend_2.png, he has the impersonator in his friendlist (historical data, because he deleted the impersonator after our conversation). Then he confirms that this friend will be the guy who's gonna verify the items.

Then I understand there is a trap, and announce that the steamrep report is incoming.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. LaCrampeCI | kickback.com

Steam:
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    There is a gap on the chat - I don't see where this big bang theory impersonator was mentioned?
  5. LaCrampeCI | kickback.com

Steam:
    In the scam_attempt_2.png superyoshi confirms that he uses his Big Bang friend in order to do item verification for real money.
    Have you read superyoshi's information thread on his profile ?
    It says "We both undergo Item Verification by Steamworks Developer first just to have assurance if we are really trading safe items.". Guess what, his Big Bang theory friend is "playing" Steamworks developer on steam. That can't be a coincidence : fake game for fake trades. This is a scamming team... I can't add more clues but the I think that the screenshots say enough about the scamming trap. Yoshi always ant to verify item with "valve workers", and he confirmed me that his friend was totally legit. Why do you think he removed this guy from his friendlist just after our conversation ?

I let you decide, but I think you should keep an eye on this yoshi ;)
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    What was said does make the accused guilty however I can't do anything with the other user since it doesn't have his STEAM URL anywhere in the chat screens you've provided.
    Moving this to review for ONLY the accused.
    The Possible other user you've shown is already tagged/banned at this time.
  7. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.