1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198126138108 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Brave Sir Robin, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41876946
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198126138108

Victim profile: 76561198044019620

What happened? Description:
    Quick-switched a Professional Killstreak Strange Pain Train with a normal Strange Pain Train in a trade.

Added me to buy a Flippin' Awesome Taunt, put the Pro. Pain Train in the trade window (would have been nice overpay, but not outrageous, as those are hard sells for ~$4-5 on the SCM) then asked if I had a Square Dance Taunt instead, and switched out the Pro. Pain Train for the normal one as I was adding the other taunt.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots show that my approximately 1 key taunt was traded for a normal Strange Pain Train via my trade history, and that I verified the accused is indeed the person I traded with.

As the conversation took place within the trade window rather than in Steam chat, (and steam automatically closes the trade window and displays a "trade completed" message upon completion of a trade), I am unable to provide direct evidence that I did not agree to trade a one key taunt for a 1-2 scrap Strange.

However, the idea that anyone would knowingly agree to such a lopsided trade is preposterous. Additionally, the accused has already been banned from backpack.tf for QS scamming. Even if the evidence I have provided is not enough to mark the accused as a scammer, it should at least be enough to serve as a a warning to other potential scam victims.​

Attached Files:

• EV1.jpg
      EV1.jpg
      File size:
      158.5 KB
      Views:
    • EV2.jpg
      EV2.jpg
      File size:
      257.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Chancellor Puddinghead

Chancellor Puddinghead Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3447005
    He scammed a Flippin' Awesome taunt from me in the same way. Unfortunately, I used in-trade chat for the negotiations and did not take a screenshot of that, so I can't file a report of my own. Screenshots of my Steam chat and trade with him anyway:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He accepted a second trade with me after I told him that I would ban him from backpack.tf, but he went offline in the middle of that trade and never gave me the Strange Pro KS Pain Train that was promised to me.
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    @Chancellor Puddinghead, Make your own report. Your evidence will not be reviewed here.
    @Brave Sir Robin, Without the original chat agreement you do not have sufficient evidence for a report.
    Archiving due to lack of chat agreement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.