1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198128261118 - (konyo42 / [Other] Other game items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Kuehnau, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuehnau

Kuehnau New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19448372
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [Other] Other game items

Accused profile: 76561198128261118 (konyo42)

Victim profile: 76561197999162473

What happened? Description:
    I've been trying to get a copy of Fable III and posted a request to buy one from someone for $20.00 via PayPal on SteamTrades. Shortly after I was contacted via STEAM by a "Konyo42", after checking the SteamTrades website I saw that he had nothing but good results, so i asked him what he wanted.

He informed me since PayPal takes a percent, if I would instead buy him a few things. These things included: Toxic Bundle, Extreme Sims 2 Bundle, The Reboot 3 bundle and a gift from Indiegala.com

In exchange he said he would trade me a copy of Fable III.

After getting his stuff and verifying it worked, it told me to give him a second so he could open a trade with me. In a few moments he logged off and un-friended me on STEAM. After doing some more research it appears this person has been using well known trader names to rip people off.

Yes, it was stupid and I guess I learned a lesson, but I don't want anyone else to be ripped off like I was.​

Provide Evidence:
    In the screen shots provided you can see our entire conversation, when he logs off, as well as my inventory history and a screen shot of the scammers profile.​

Attached Files:

• 001.png
      001.png
      File size:
      166.5 KB
      Views:
    • 002.png
      002.png
      File size:
      215.4 KB
      Views:
    • 003.png
      003.png
      File size:
      304.9 KB
      Views:
    • 004.png
      004.png
      File size:
      356.2 KB
      Views:
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Due to a backlog of scam reports, and to focus on the ones where items or money were lost, we are freezing the below types of reports. Please report these scam types to our partner communities if they accept them.
    • Fakerep reports:
      • Please report to the community where the fakerep is posted.
        • SteamRep does not maintain reputation threads and does not see profile rep as legitimate. These reports are best addressed by the communities that maintain such threads.
    • CD Keys/Game Code scam reports:
      • Please report to the community where the trade originated and make a steam support ticket. https://support.steampowered.com/
        • Game keys/codes are impossible to verify as legitimate to begin with or what account the code is redeemed on. Before we only accepted if a user had solid proof, but now are rejecting all such reports.
    • Phishing/hijacking account reports:
      • If you are phished/hijacked you need to make a steam support ticket ASAP https://support.steampowered.com/
      • Report phishing attempts to Valve by using the in-profile report system shown below
        • A lot of victims are not traders or even know they are marked on SR. Valve has made improvements to steam that mitigate the potential loss of items caused by phishers/hijackers; the original reason for tagging such users to begin with.

Archiving.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.