1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198128792975 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by advicebanana, Nov 22, 2014.

1. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198128792975

Victim profile: 76561197983311223

What happened? Description:
    Aristotle added me under the name "CsgoToDota2" and said he wanted to buy stuff for Paypal, but not exactly what. I made clear what I think of trading Paypal with an account like his. I attached a screenshot of his profile and how throwaway-ish it looks.
    He was clean on Steamrep, but I chose to indulge him. Then while talking to him, a report appeared suddenly:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.83815/

No chargebacks or fake middleman scam. He had sent an invoice instead of paying the victim in the other thread.
    That led me to pursuing this further.

Eventually he let me know that he'd like to buy some keys from me. He made up his mind about 20 keys for $40.

I told him an email address that I don't actually have a Paypal account on and a while later I saw an invoice from Paypal in my inbox. The scammer's invoice said this:

I did not give him any items. I cannot provide a payment history, since I do not have a Paypal account on this address.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots of chat, Paypal invoice, scammer's profile

1,3,10 : chat (he removed me at the end, not I him)
    2: (misfire)
    4: Email inbox with invoice
    5-7: the invoice
    8: google results for his email name
    9: scammer's profile​

Attached Files:

2. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    If someone tried scamming you with a Paypal invoice while claiming that he sent money, please call Paypal support and tell them about it!
    Their support hotline is toll-free and they might even ban the scammers if enough people complain.
  3. Vintage Cobra

Vintage Cobra Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12913087
    Added to account's list of offenses.
    Thank you for your report!