1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198129565002 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ϟ Thunder Volts ϟ, Jul 21, 2014.

1. ϟ Thunder Volts ϟ

ϟ Thunder Volts ϟ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34155266
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198129565002 ()

Victim profile: 76561198028576261

What happened? Description:
    Basically, this guy (who I don't even remember adding to my Friend's List) contacted me and wanted to buy my 2 unusuals. I told him that one of them wasn't for sale, but one was. He offered upwards of 10 buds for my unusual that wasn't for sale (1 of 1 themed), but when he couldn't have that, he was happy to offer 2 buds for my ONE BUD UNUSUAL.

Anyway, the guy asks for me to get a "trusted friend" to middleman. I ask: "Why do you need my friend? We can just trade 1:1." For some reason, he doesn't like me asking all of these questions, and repeats "whats the name of your trusted friend?" over and over again. I continue to decline to tell him, and he finally results to name calling (of all things). I took him off of my Friend's List, as it was obvious he wasn't interested in any REAL trading.

After that ordeal, I came here and checked the guy's reports: 7 pending reports, about 5 of them describing the exact same situation that was attempted with me. Reports say that when you tell him the ID of your "trusted friend", he then creates an alternate account and impersonates them, tricking you into handing over your unusual.

For evidence, I've included the full Steam Chat conversation, albeit posted on separate screenshots, due to the fact that there was no way I could've fit the whole chat on one screenshot. I've put them in order, starting where the last one ends. I've also got a screenshot of their profile, along with their past aliases--some of which have been used in past scam reports from the same Steam ID as well.​

Provide Evidence:
    I've included my evidence as 5 separate screenshots: 1 of them is a screenshot of the user's profile, while the others are screenshots of Steam Chat.​

Attached Files:

2. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Added offense.