1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198130186140 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by de_rank 2, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. de_rank 2

de_rank 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25320497
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198130186140

Victim profile: 76561198010906722

What happened? Description:
    Approached me asking to do a trade. Then brought a fake "steamrep" admin.
    Evidence
    http://imgur.com/a/lSm7f
    Also filed a report to FBI IC3. The case will not be rested unless I am fully compensated.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. JeeVeS | Negotiating

JeeVeS | Negotiating New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:84960206
    One again report in me so do you think i am the one scammed on your items give me exact proof that i am the one scamming on you because any traders now is impersonating Jeeves i just use name JeeVes | Negoitiating becaause im Fans of Jeeves in win a bet.
  3. de_rank 2

de_rank 2 New User

Steam:
    You can keep changing your steam name or customURL but your steamID64 never changes.

I have consulted my friend who is pursuing a legal career and he has asked me to deliver this message to you.

"Dear scammer,
    Hi. I am this user (http://steamcommunity.com/id/mingreegg)'s friend, and happen to be a person with extensive knowledge of international and criminal law. Scamming online is usually nice because there's no patents or copyrights involved in intellectual properties in Steam. Therefore, it is outside the remit of intellectual property law and is beyond the civil law remit in most jurisdictions. In other words, we can't easily get the scammed items back through restitution in civil law. (notably civil lawsuits are expensive, and out-of-court settlements are generally more favourable).

Meanwhile, most players do not keep record of their negotiations with scammers and they don't know how to make the local police or international police intervene.

If both players are in different jurisdictions, calling local police would not be helpful because they can't exercise their power cross-jurisidictions. To put it in simpler words, a police in the UK cannot exercise their power to search or arrest in the USA. Therefore, the correct resolution is to call the international police such as FBI. I have advised my friend, who was previously known as "de_rank" (http://steamcommunity.com/id/mingreegg) that the he could file a complaint via FBI IC3 (http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx).
    I will supplement him with any help and advise him any legal resorts if necessary. Criminal action is different from civil action, meaning that even you are fined or arrested, my friend won't get his intellectual properties (i.e. steam items) back.
    Therefore, we offer you this settlement: meaning that you send him back his items within the next 24 hours. Otherwise, we would have to resort to the FBI IC3, which is by no means beneficial to either you or my friend."

The screenshots are unedited and can be used as evidence. Just so you know, the police can obtain a warrant to check your IP address.
    Here is my trade URL - https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=50640994&token=lDfyOAUm
    It is up to you to return the items. But the case will not be dropped unless my items are compensated.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks for report - moving to review

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. JeeVeS | Negotiating

JeeVeS | Negotiating New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:84960206
    are you still giving Error Link so make sure that you are reporting the person scammed to you.
  6. de_rank 2

de_rank 2 New User

Steam:
    Nope, your steamID64 is working flawlessly.
  7. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @de_rank 2,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.