1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198130982001 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by cornandcob, Sep 21, 2014.

1. cornandcob

cornandcob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43375111
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198130982001

Victim profile: 76561198047015950

What happened? Description:
    He asked my friend to trade me a knife to verify it was "legitimate". Once I got the knife, the guy adds to his friends list me and invites a fraudulent account (who was impersonating my friend) into the chat and then requested to trade with me on that fake account. He messages me saying, "trade him back the knife now", but I recognized it as an impostor (he made it so that the account had the same picture and name as my friend). So we didn't get scammed, but the guy did attempt to go through with the scam. My friend does not have the screenshots of the initial chat with him, but I have mine below.​

Provide Evidence:
    1) The first image is my conversation with him after he added me. I highlighted the part where he invited the fraud. In the image, I'm the only one in chat because I blocked him shortly after this happened, removing all other parties.

2) The second image shows my chatbox. The first tab is my friend; the third is the impostor.

3) This shows the profile of the fraud. Same name, same picture.

4) This is my friend's profile.

5) The white text in this one is what he sent after he traded me on that fake account. When I confronted him about it, he acted like he didn't know what was going on.

Again, it was only an attempted scam, but he committed to it, and was only one step away from having it actually work.​

Attached Files:

2. cornandcob

cornandcob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43375111
    the guy adds me to his friends list*
    sorry, missed a word there
  3. CS: GO AND KILL URSELF

CS: GO AND KILL URSELF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45868809
    A friend of mine got scammed by the same guy today... Any updates appreciated :D