1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198132500614 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Certified_GSD™, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Certified_GSD™

Certified_GSD™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41460141
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198132500614

Victim profile: 76561198043186011

What happened? Description:
    I have had no interactions with the accused at all prior to this conversation.

Smile had sent me a friend request. I checked his SteamRep page and found it clean. I then looked at his inventory and found it respectable. I accepted the request, and was asked by him to join a CEVO match. He claims that I can be rewarded with 20 keys, they only need one more person, and that's it's only a casual game, not for competition. I was very skeptical because we did not know each other, and he does not see how I play.

The accused asked if I had Teamspeak. I did, so he sent me the address of his CEVO Teamspeak server. The first attempt showed the server wasn't online (Another red flag, because then where were the other four people?). The second attempt asked me to install a plugin for "Voice Notification," whatever purpose that would serve.

I already know of the Teamspeak plugin scam, so I told him I don't need a plugin. The accused then replied "oky ?" and unfriended me immediately.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first image shows the conversation between myself and the accused, as well as his direction to a Teamspeak server. Teamspeak shows the prompt to install a plugin, which links to a Google shortlink.

The second image shows the account of the accused.

The third image shows the profile of the accused upon navigating to his profile from the chat window.​

Attached Files: