1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198133048195 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Doctor Z>B. Unusual, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor Z>B. Unusual

Doctor Z>B. Unusual New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42751681
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198133048195 ()

Victim profile: 76561198045769090

What happened? Description:
    It all started at a valve server, i think it was pl_cactuscanyon and he randomly traded me when he saw my collectors pro killstreak axtinguisher, and he offered a pro killstreak sniper for it. i said that i could give him 4 keys for it but he said he bought it for 7. Its worth around 4.2 keys and i added the 4 keys in the trade window. he aid he could do 6 but i said no. He lowered it later to 5 and i said i still couldnt do it. I added a couple of scraps, 1 refined, a green track terrorizer and a strange force a nature for it. He then canceled the trade. Also during the time we traded, he added me on steam. He then said in the steam chat window that I m Okey and he traded me again. And thats wwhere this happend. I was stupid enough to not look at the sniper rifle and he had instead put in a regular killstreak sniper rifle. Right when i clicked the make trade button i saw it. But it was too late. He had already clicked it too and i couldnt unclick it. Then he said stupid things in the chat window and i blocked him and reported him on steam.
    Also im so sorry that i couldnt get a picture of the trade happening. I really do hope this report still goes through and gets this guy marked, i dont want any of this to happen to anyone. EVER.
    And also i closed the chat window before so i couldnt get a shot of the the i m okey bit.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Doctor Z>B. Unusual

Doctor Z>B. Unusual New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42751681
    Also, am i allowed to do the same thing to him? i have two genuine awps and one is a specialized killstreak one. im just wondering if im allowed to to do this and get my items back?
  3. HissTheHeavy

HissTheHeavy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56480850
    Honestly I wouldn't recommend it,
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Without the proper evidence there is nothing I can do with this report. I need something that shows a trade window and the item being switched while the trade is still open.

Trading Tips

Do not rush the trade:
    A common tactic by scammers is to force you to trade quickly so they can change items/gifts in the trade without you noticing. Take your time during the trade to avoid getting scammed.

Mouse over every item to ensure that the item/gift's properties are correct:
    Information about the item/gift will be stated here including the quality, name, description and any effects.

Pay attention to the trade log while making the trade:
    All changes, additions, removals and actions will be recorded in this box. You may also use it to communicate with the trader.

Steam Trading Policy
    Steam will not return any items or gifts that you feel have been traded unfairly. There are no exceptions to this policy. All trades are final. Please use the above recommendations to avoid getting scammed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.