1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198134888006 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Funky Buddha, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Funky Buddha

Funky Buddha New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20765269
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198134888006 ()

Victim profile: 76561198043769381

What happened? Description:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198092537182
    This guy added my friend Groovy Hitler after seeing his knife on CS:GO lounge, asked to talk to a friend of his and that friend was me, Funky Buddha. He asked for my friend Groovy Hitler's address and paypal (he offered paypal money) because and asked Groovy Hitler to trade the knife to me. Then, he got one of his friends, which is the person with the information I provided in the accused section, to send me a trade offer after changing their name to Groovy Hitler to make it look like they were my friend wanting his knife back, and then I traded the knife to the false account thinking it was really Groovy Hitler. Then both scammers unadded and blocked my friend and I. Unfortunately he kicked me from the group chat and both of us closed our chat windows before we could provide screenshots of the chat log. The original scammer that added my friend has already been reported on steamrep but I naively didn't check to see if his steamrep was bad. However, the steamrep of the accused is clear for some reason. Needless to say, my friend never got his paypal money. We got the knife by working our butts off doing labor for people until we raised over 100 dollars and traded knives around to get a better one (the knife was a Huntsman Stained Field-tested and cost around 130 dollars.) and it's painful to see hours of hard work disappear. If you wish to talk about this in further detail add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/banassaultclipzforthechillun/ on steam or my friend that got scammed http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheGoatHerder/ for more information.​

Provide Evidence:
    The original scammer (masterpiece) added my friend and wanted to talk to me as well. He acted as skeptical as we were which lead me to believe he was honest when he talked to us both in private and in a group chat about the trade. He got my friend Groovy Hitler to send the knife to me, Funky Buddha, and then got his friend (AS) to change his name to Groovy Hitler and tell me to give the knife to him so he can trade it to masterpiece for the paypal money. Then in a matter of seconds he kicked me from the group chat, unadded and blocked us both and left us with no money.​

Attached Files:

2. Funky Buddha

Funky Buddha New User

Steam:
    I meant to put paypal/item scam as the type...
  3. Funky Buddha

Funky Buddha New User

Steam:
    My trade history with a full browser shot

Attached Files:

4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Its actually Impersonation/Middleman scam. But never the less a scam.
    Marking ready for review.
    Sorry for your loss.
  5. TheGoatHerder

TheGoatHerder New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41751826
    this is my case and im still waiting for someone to look at this case and replace my knife
  6. TheGoatHerder

TheGoatHerder New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41751826
    please can you replace my knife? theres enough evidence provided