1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198136129190 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Wavey_LenZ, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Wavey_LenZ

Wavey_LenZ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:74229022
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198136129190

Victim profile: 76561198108723773

What happened? Description:
    BACKGROUND
    I had purchased 15 Chroma cases from the steam market. To open these I needed keys. A cheaper alternative to buying keys through Steam is to buy them using cash. With my preferred method of payment being PayPal. I set about looking to buy keys from someone using the CSGOTrade Reddit and CSGOLounge. The first person I added didn't respond, the second didn't have any Chroma keys and then we get to the third, user 893.
    I saw his post on CSGOLounge [picture zscammedcsgolounge] (a screenshot after I had been scammed).
    Before adding him(?) I first checked his ad, it had all the right things, a long list of rules, the item at market price and a reputation of 2 (it goes up by one after 10 referrals).
    I then checked his profile [pictures zscammedprofile, 2 and 3]
    Level 20, 700+hours in CSGO, 43 games, 96 friends and 15 pages of other users giving him +rep
    SCAM
    So I added him, sent him a message and wanted to get this thing done and dusted.
    [picture zscammed100] is a screenshot of our conversation.

When I (Wavey_lenz) said "sent" in between "send offer wen sent"and"kk" this was when I sent him the payment of $28.50 through PayPal to [email protected].
    Proof of payment is [pictures zscammedpp1 zscammedppvanilla2].

When he said "got it" this is PROOF that he had received my payment.

When I said "14 chroma and 1 vanguard is ok" I was checking his inventory while setting up a trade offer (like he told me to) and saw that he only had 14 out of the 15 keys I wanted. I saw this as an error on his end and that he had counted them wrong so I quickly sought about resolving this by asking for another kind of key to make up for the fact that he had one missing and changed my offer accordingly.

I had sent him two trade offers [pictures zscammed trade1 2]
    The first I sent was when I said "sent" in between "send an offer" and "hello?".
    I had cancelled it because he was taking a while to accept so I then sent him the second before cancelling my first along with saying "hello?" to make sure he was still there.

It looked as if he was having problems so he invited me to trade which he then cancelled after putting the 15 keys up and I had accepted.
    I now sent him multiple hellos and trade requests but it was clear he had blocked me. I even tried to send a blackmailing message " I will do a chargeback last chance" but he had already blocked me.

ACCUSATION
    I accuse user 893 of scamming me out of $28.50(USD) for 15 keys in CS:GO.
    AFTERMATH
    He is still my friend on steam. I have sent him multiple messages but it is clear that he has blocked me.
    CAMPFIRE
    I have learnt that I should always check Steamrep before completing a deal because if I had realised he had 5 unconfirmed reports of being a snide I would of steered well clear.
    Before today I thought I was good at not getting scammed as others have tried to scam me before by using virus links, send it to my mate, send it to this fake middleman but 893 was first to be successful. It goes to show that the best way is to always do a full check on them like they tell you here, in the guides and not skip important steps like I did in this case.
    It will be saddening to see this case sink to the bottom and not get accepted because I believe I have given enough proof and gone into enough detail.
    The money I gave him is 40% of a days pay for me but it will all be worth it to see somebody who has obviously spent many more hours trying to build a trustworthy account being discredited on this site and hopefully banned from steam. SCAYUM!!!!
    -Wavey_lenz​

Provide Evidence:
    zscammed100
    Our full conversation

zscammedcsgolounge
    His advert on csgolounge

zscammedpp1 + zscammedppvanilla2
    Proof of payment

zscammedprofile + zscammedprofile2 + zscammedprofile3
    His profile

zscammedtrade1 + zscammedtrade2
    My trade offers page

Attached Files:

2. Wavey_LenZ

Wavey_LenZ New User

Steam:
    This is weird. 2 minutes after sending the payment over paypal I received an e-mail from the same e-mail address with the name Bob Marlet. From looking at the source it looks like a receipt for 5 HDMI cables?????
  3. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Were you able to submit a successful chargeback to Paypal?
  4. Wavey_LenZ

Wavey_LenZ New User

Steam:
    Nope, I sent it as a gift. DOH! I really shouldn't have.
  5. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    Report looks good to me, lets see what the staff think in review.
  6. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
  7. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
  8. Wavey_LenZ

Wavey_LenZ New User

Steam:
    Here are the screenshots of my trading history.
    Sorry about the late reply I've been away for the past couple weeks.
    Its good to see that he has been banned on here.

Attached Files:

9. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello, @Wavey_LenZ.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review, and hopefully will result in bans against the accused/s