1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198136267833 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by SkyChief, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyChief

SkyChief New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17859402
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198136267833

Victim profile: 76561197995984533

What happened? Description:
    A friend of mine was making a deal with a trader wanting to trade for his m9 bayonet FADE (FN) . the trader tells my friend about some type of bug and that the knife needs to be traded to someone else so they can look at the knife in their inventory to check the bug. My friend trades ME the knife. this also including a friend request from the trader as well. The trader asks to let him know when the knife comes up in my inventory, so i do. he says he took a screenshot and proceeds to start a group chat with him, my friend and i. AT the same time he is saying in the chat to trade the knife back. i get a trade offer , all i see is my friends profile picture and his name , i even double checked my friends list to see if there was someone that swapped names and picture . i traded the knife over and i realized at that moment i just got tricked. what appeared to be my friend was actually another person impersonating my friend . the 2nd guy changed his picture and name to copy my friend and traded me through the group chat. and i really didn't expect it at all​

Provide Evidence:
    I also found a group of friends that are all level 1 accounts with only dota on the accounts but some accounts still have csgo skins . all recently made accounts that are probably used to be the impersonators.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198145746598 - TRADING / KNIVES
    This is the profile of the TRADER in this event.

The Picture of the good start profile is the impersonator that used my friends name 'StorM'​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I need a picture of the entire chat agreement between you and the accused. Include any multi chat you might have.
  3. SkyChief

SkyChief New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17859402
    after i got scammed the first thing i did was delete those guys so i actually dont have any screenshots of the chat that was saved.
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    The chat agreement is the most vital part of any report that you submit to SteamRep. Without this evidence your report is invalid.
    Im sorry for you loss but I am going to archive this report due to the lack of the chat agreement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.