1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198136768475 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by [^_^] crazyguy ♥, Jul 28, 2014.

1. [^_^] crazyguy ♥

[^_^] crazyguy ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33429651
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198136768475 ()

Victim profile: 76561198027125031

What happened? Description:
    The accused guy added me and tried that ,,Give your hats to your trusted friend´´ scam.

After we talked a bit about my hat's prices, he said that he wants to know my trusted friend to hold my unusuals. I gave him one of my friend's name to see what will come next. (first attached screenshot shows this) (5th screenshot shows my REAL friend's profile)

After that the scammer was trying to buy some time by asking if my friend is trusted etc. Then ,,my friend´´ joined the chat. (this is shown in the second attached screenshot)

Then ,,my friend´´ instantly traded me and said he is gonna hold my unusuals.
    (shown in 7th screenshot)

I was hesitating accepting his trade requests, so the impersonator started saying thing like he is really my friend and how he is gonna give my hats back if he (the scammer) don't send the keys etc. (shown in 8th attached screenshot)

Then I said in the multi-chat that I got enough screenshots to mark them as scammers and they both left the chat. (shown in second attached screenshot)

The scammer sent me 3 other massages while the impersonator traded me. (shown in 3rd attached screenshot) I also took screenshot of the scammer's profile in 4th attached screenshot and also the impersonator's profile. Also the impersonator really couldn't be my friend, since steam said ,,add friend´´ when i checked the impersonator's profile.
    (shown in 6th screenshot)

So, that's all, I hope this proof is enough and this is also my first report, so tell me if I did something wrong. Thanks! :)

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Do you have a link to the impersonator's profile please?
  3. [^_^] crazyguy ♥

[^_^] crazyguy ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33429651
  4. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413