1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198137671495 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by dra0ga, Aug 24, 2014.

1. dra0ga

dra0ga New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44371520
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198137671495

Victim profile: 76561198049008768

What happened? Description:
    Met the guy in a competitive match, added me after finding out I was proficient with the Desert Eagle. We played for a while, over the course of a couple weeks, then he started showing interest in my Stattrak Huntsman Fade. I said I wasn't interested in selling it quite yet, and he was alright with that. A week later, after still playing with him, and using voicechat to talk and such, he requested to buy it with paypal. So I set up an audio recording, and had him call, so I could record the transaction. We decided that 400$ was a fair price, and it is, based on the steam market, and the fact that it was not fully-faded. He stated he sent the money, and provided me with a screenshot of his transaction history. Everything looked legitimate to me, but I wanted to wait until I received the money. So instead, he offered me his knife to hold until the transaction went through.

A little while later, after I held on to his knife, he asked for it back, and stated that he would return it. Being on my friends list for a couple of weeks, and chatting with him over voice chat a lot, and the fact that the transaction looked legitimate, I lent it to him and then went to bed.

This morning, I called PayPal, as the transaction had not gone through. They stated that they did not have any transaction information for me at all from the previous day, and I have not been able to contact the person that I traded with, even though I am still on his friends list, and he, on mine.

I don't believe he ever sent money, and I think that the transaction reports were fabricated.​

Provide Evidence:
    My email is [email protected], the report looks legitimate, even down to the time-stamps.

I'm simply wondering what has gone wrong in these trades, if this even was a scam. If so, what actions can I take to get my item back, and if I have enough evidence.

If anyone would like me to upload an audio clip of our trade, I do have that, his voice only though. Stating that his headphones couldn't pick up my voice to talk.

http://puu.sh/b66eX/a25a49c2dc.mp3
    (Audio Clip from our trade)

(His profile says in-game, the chat says offline)​

Attached Files:

2. dra0ga

dra0ga New User

Steam:
    And what is up with this? 1 in-game, 1 online?

Attached Files:

3. dra0ga

dra0ga New User

Steam:
    Update: Traded the knife away for an M9 Bayonet Fade. Complete scammer here

Was I being dumb? Yes, however keep in mind that I had played with this guy for over a month.

Attached Files:

4. FluttershysYAAY

FluttershysYAAY New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58280699
    This guy also tried scamming me. I just posted my report for him.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    In order to process this report, we need proof of a trade agreement. This is crucial. Do you have any written agreement from the accused to pay the specific amount? A voice recording is probably not going to be sufficient for a number of reasons, among them proving the voice in the recording is the same person you traded with.

For your PayPal, we need full, uncropped, unedited screenshots showing All activity in your PayPal history (you will have to click the link that says All activity), taken from a PC/Mac. From your payment history page, select All Activity and make sure the dates include the date right before you were scammed, as well as today's date. Take a full, uncropped screenshot of this history. We also need full, uncropped, unedited pictures showing any and all payment details related to the transaction in question.

We need screenshots of your inventory history, taken from within the Steam client and with the URL visible. If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available.

I can't say if this applies to you without seeing the full details, but a lot of scammers have recently been dressing up PayPal invoices to look like "delayed gifts". If you aren't paying attention, or you're unfamiliar with invoices, it may look like a pending payment, while it's actually a request for money and accepting it means sending the scammer that amount of money, not receiving it.
    Off topic, but anyone in-game is also online. He's the only one in-game (hence 1 in-game), being in-game he's also online, and nobody else is online in any capacity, so you have 1 online.
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @dra0ga,

Unfortunately, without the requested information, this report will be archived. Please open a new report with the requested information or evidence if you can provide it later.

Thanks.