1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198138496112 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by .woW, Jun 18, 2015.

1. .woW

.woW New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57639065
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198138496112

Victim profile: 76561198075543858

What happened? Description:
    This user added me and asked to trade items. He asked me the price of my unusuals and said he'd pay the whole 70 keys for all of them. He then created an alt account of one of my friends to try and scam the unusuals from me. Overal, the trade would have been worth almost £150.

Below I have attached the copy of our chat, and a screenshot of the alt profile this user used to try and scam me. He changed his profile to look just like the one of my friend's, however my friend is on my friends list, has an open profile and has not changed his name to any of those provided.​

Provide Evidence:
    18 June 2015
    FUNKYAW: i need some confirmation from him if your unusual are nice ..
    .woW: his name is king
    FUNKYAW: can you let him hold the unusauls to see if its really clean and legitimate and to see if the IP of your unusuals are nice ?
    .woW: How on earth is that a thing?
    FUNKYAW: huh ?
    FUNKYAW: are you knew for this ?
    .woW: yeah
    FUNKYAW: all of my trading life i do this checking to see if the stuff are nice ..
    .woW: I just got a $400 back overnight
    FUNKYAW: is mister king online right now so that we can ask him to help us hold your unusual for checking it ?
    FUNKYAW: hello ?
    .woW: hello
    FUNKYAW: so did you traded it now to a friend ?
    FUNKYAW: sir ?
    FUNKYAW: sir ?
    FUNKYAW: can I check it now ?
    .woW: sure
    FUNKYAW: to who ?
    FUNKYAW: may I know where did you traded it sir ?
    FUNKYAW: so that i can check it on his inventory then double check it /
    FUNKYAW: SIR
    FUNKYAW: WTF AFK ?
    FUNKYAW: hey ??
    FUNKYAW: sir
    FUNKYAW: ??
    FUNKYAW: zzzz​

Attached Files:

2. Toughsox

Toughsox Retired Staff Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1842155
    Hello @.woW, do you happen to have this chat as a screenshot? If so please upload it via the UPLOAD A FILE button to the lower right of this chat box please. Also, was there any more interaction, or trading done involving this person or your unusuals?
  3. .woW

.woW New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57639065
    I did not interact further with this trader or his alt account, and sadly I do not have access to the chat any more as I believe he blocked me after I told him I had spoken to the real user he was imitating (my real life friend), he blocked me. This was the end of the communication I had with him.
  4. Toughsox

Toughsox Retired Staff Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1842155
    Hello @.woW, unfortunately, while your proof was not sufficient enough to be acted upon by itself, the other reports against this user were enough for him to be marked. Thank you for this report all the same.