1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198139104248 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by [NnR] Kilroy, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [NnR] Kilroy

[NnR] Kilroy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59316689
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198139104248 ()

Victim profile: 76561198136624107

What happened? Description:
    My friend was Approached by someone attempting to "purchase" his items with out of game items. My friend thought it looked suspicious so he asked me to middleman. Whilst he was discussing the deal I received a trade from my "friend" who asked or his items back, I obliged and gave him his items back, however it was not actually him, it was someone with and identical name, profile picture and profile to him. I only Realized this to late as the items were already traded away. This person who scammed me and my friend had an partner, 76561198138193977 steam ID. He is the one who offered to make the purchase in the first place.​

Provide Evidence:
    Pictures of the chat and how they tricked me into trading the person impersonating my friend. Chat records ect. I also have a picture of the items I traded, unfortunately I don't have a picture of me loosing the items. The picture of the trade is me receiving the items from my friend before the scam. I have a picture of my trade history recording the events that transpired.​

Attached Files:

2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello [NnR] Kilroy,

Your report was accepted for this user, but they were already banned today. We've added the offense to our notes as further consideration during an appeal. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click More drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose Report Violation
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click Submit Report
    Click here to view the animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for submitting a report to us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.